There are many kinds of servers available today for hosting your applications and JBoss is a popular choice for Java applications.
JBoss is a cross-platform and open-source Java application server that acts as a good alternative to IBM WebSphere and SAP NetWeaver.
It is a great choice for applications that need to tap into the full functionality of the Java Enterprise Edition, though customization is not one of its key strengths.
That said, JBoss needs to be monitored, just like any other application to ensure that it is available and working fine.
Also to ensure high application performance, you need a comprehensive tool that will monitor not just the application server, but also the components and applications it hosts and the different infrastructure tiers it supports.
Such monitoring ensures that you can proactively detect issues before they impact the end-user.
In addition, these monitoring tools can give you some insights on the reasons for the poor performance of your Java applications, so you can make the necessary changes to keep your applications in top working condition.
Here’s the Best JBoss Monitoring Tools & Software of 2020:
There are many tools available today to monitor this JBoss server and some of the prominent ones are:
Let’s take a detailed look into the features of each of these tools, so you can make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right monitoring tool for your organization.
1. SolarWinds JBoss Monitoring Tool
SolarWinds’ JBoss Monitoring Tool comes bundled with the Server and Application Monitor tool and ensures that all Java applications run at their peak performance.
- Monitors the health, availability, and performance of the JBoss application server and its components.
- Tracks server CPU, memory, and disk utilization of resources, and even predicts when the system will run out of these resources.
- Gets memory heap and other statistics for quick troubleshooting.
- Monitors applications in the Java environment and helps to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Solves memory leaks in Java Runtime Environment.
The Server and Application Monitor starts at $2,995.
Click here to download a fully-functional 30-day free trial.
JBoss Monitoring Tool from AppDynamics is a comprehensive solution that ensures that the JBoss environment is up and running at all times.
- Monitors the execution and accessibility of the JBoss server.
- Sends alerts about the performance of JBoss and other applications that it hosts.
- Identifies and solves memory leaks in the JBoss server.
- Troubleshoots and fixes performance problems in applications.
- Compares JBoss metrics over time and presents a comprehensive report.
- Quickly identifies business transactions that deviate from the entry points in JBoss and JVM.
- Collects and reports all run-time exceptions for detailed analysis.
- Tracks memory leaks automatically inside the JVM environment.
Contact the sales team for a quote.
Click here to download a free trial version.
3. eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise’s JBoss performance Monitoring Tool gives complete visibility into the performance of JBoss and all the Java applications that run on it.
- Monitors the number of incoming requests by each connector, the connections available in the database connection pool, metric of each EJB, and the size of the thread pool.
- Isolates business transactions that are impacted by the poor performance of JBoss.
- Automatically correlates server-side issues, resource deficiencies, and hardware faults.
- Helps to easily identify Java code-level issues.
- Isolates high-CPU threads, waiting threads, and root blocker threads for better code optimization.
- Gives insights into the performance of all Java applications
- Detects and resolves application slowdown before it affects the end-users.
- Acts as a single monitor for everything in Java.
- Improves the uptime and performance of Java applications and servers.
Contact the sales team for a custom quote.
Click here for a free download of the trial version.
JBoss Performance Monitoring from ManageEngine is a great tool to stay on top of the availability and performance of your JBoss server as well as the applications in your Java environment.
- Provides detailed performance metrics and reports to get continuous insight into the performance of your JBoss server.
- Monitors response time, the performance of web applications deployed on the JBoss server, and components such as EJB, JDBC, JVM, and servlets.
- Gives immediate information about the connection pool size and the number of connections that are created, used, and destroyed, With this information, you can fine-tune your JDBC connection pool to avoid timeouts and to reduce overheads in transaction processing.
- Troubleshoots memory leaks in Java runtime environment
- Comes with a mobile web client, so you can track the performance of JBoss server from your phone.
- Helps with capacity planning
- Tracks user experience of applications deployed on JBoss
- Creates easy-to-understand reports.
Click here to get a quote.
Click here to download the trial version.
To conclude, JBoss is a popular server used to run applications in the Java environment.
Since many of your critical applications may run on this server, you should monitor it constantly for performance and availability.
The above-mentioned tools monitor not only the JBoss server but also the overall Java environment and the applications that run on it.
Some tools help with troubleshooting as well, especially those related to memory leaks and user experience.
Overall, these tools reduce the possibility of downtimes and server outages.