The performance of your web apps has a big bearing on not just your revenue, but also on your brand image and credibility in the digital world. You cannot afford to allow your web app to slow down or even fail when traffic increases and this means, you’ll have to stay on top of its performance all the time.
Though some companies still prefer to take the manual route, a better option is to use automated tools that give you insights about the performance of your web application in real-time.
One such tool that displays application performance in real-time is New Relic. This tool provides a flexible and dynamic monitoring to give you the right insights about the performance of your web app.
Though this app works great in most situations, it tends to be pricey especially for small and medium businesses. Also, it comes with a steep learning curve that may not be ideal for all users. Some important metrics are not covered as well in this tool.
Due to these reasons, consider looking at some alternatives to New Relic as they can be easy on your budget and at the same time, can give you the information you want.
Here’s the Best New Relic Alternatives:
Some of the popular alternatives to New Relic include some of the following services:
- Stackify Retrace
Let’s take a detailed look into each of these tools, some screenshots and how they stack up against New Relic.
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring tool from Cisco that continuously monitors your application and gives you the necessary business intelligence to act on it. This tool is most ideal for organizations that have a large and complex network comprising of many websites and applications.
Some of the salient features of AppDynamics are:
- Gives complete visibility into your network so you can identify the root cause and fix it at the earliest.
- Correlates the data flow across multiple events and applications to give a consolidated set of insights in real-time.
- Allows you to create custom thresholds and metrics.
- Provides code level visibility
- Works as an on-premise or SaaS application.
- Enables you to monitor different sensors, smart devices, and IoT applications.
- Offers multiple search options
- Monitors multiple platforms, depending on the needs of your business.
- Troubleshoots performance issues in a production environment.
- Handles dynamic baselining and alerting.
AppDynamics comes in three versions – APM Pro, APM Advanced, and APM Peak. APM Pro comes with a basic set of features that includes basic infrastructure monitoring while APM Advanced includes the features of APM Pro along with server and network visibility. APM Peak, on the other hand, includes everything in APM Advanced and also includes business performance monitoring, transaction analysis, and more.
Contact the sales team for custom pricing.
Download a free trial here.
DynaTrace is an application monitoring software based on the AI platform. It is best suited to gain software intelligence for the enterprise cloud.
The important features of DynaTrace are as follows.
- Gives complete visibility into public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Provides full-stack discovery and performance management.
- Everything is automated, so it requires no manual intervention whatsoever. Even comes with zero-touch configuration, so set up and ease is a breeze for all users.
- Visualizes application dependencies and infrastructure.
- Continuously discovers and maps devices as they are added or removed from a network.
- Identifies the root cause of problems at the earliest.
- Understands the interdependencies within your business using AI.
- Gives precise insights that have a bearing on your business operations and profitability.
Contact the sales department for a custom quote.
Download your free trial here.
Zenoss is a performance management tool that helps to identify and fix issues at the earliest in hybrid IT environments. This SaaS-based intelligent IT platform gathers data, analyzes the same, and presents it in the form of actionable business intelligence.
The main features of Zenoss are:
- Dynamic dashboards give you a bird’s eye view of your application’s performance and also makes it easy to share or collaborate with others.
- You can use events to drive automated monitoring policies, thereby bringing down the cost of your monitoring capabilities.
- Data gathered from applications is stored on HBase and OpenTSDB for future analysis.
- The load is dynamically balanced across the entire pool of resources.
- Requires little to no manual intervention
- Makes it easy to apply and roll-back any configuration change
- Continuously monitors your critical applications to ensure that you stay on top of the performance of your applications at all times.
- Comes with built-in backup and restore procedures.
Contact Zenoss for a custom quote.
Download your free trial here.
Raygun is a monitoring tool that offers wide-ranging support to help you build faster and disaster-resilient web applications. It specializes in identifying and diagnosing problems from deep within complex environments.
The features of Raygun are:
- Comes with advanced user tracking features that establish the connection between errors and their cause.
- Gives insights about each session’s data to give you a detailed idea of the performance of your app.
- Identifies problematic deployments at the earliest.
- Allows you to set thresholds for logging and reporting errors.
- Attaches a trail of events together to take you to the root cause of a problem.
- Dashboards give a quick look into the state of your applications at any point in time.
- Automatically finds and fixes errors, depending on your configuration
- Combines server-side timing with errors to give you a holistic view of a problem.
The price of Raygun depends on the size of your organization. For startups, it is $79 a month, for small business, it costs $199 a month, and for large businesses, Raygun costs $649 a month.
Download a 14-day free trial here.
Stackify retrace is a tool that helps to improve your application quality and performance during every stage of the development process. This SaaS-based APM solution monitors cloud-based applications and troubleshoots the same.
Here is a look at some of the important features of Stackify retrace.
- It is ideal for developers as it combines application logging with code profiling.
- Combines several tools into one, so this alone is enough to monitor the different aspects of your application.
- Identifies the bottlenecks in your application’s performance and helps to fix them right away.
- Gives you the choice to dynamically change the infrastructure of applications
- Helps to identify performance issues immediately after deployment to a production environment.
- Comes with a ton of application and server metrics.
Stackify retrace costs $50 per month per server.
You can download a free trial version here.
To conclude, a reliable application performance tool is necessary to help you stay on top of a wide range of applications that run within your deep and complex networks. While New Relic is a good choice, it comes at a high price and is not ideal for all users.
The above options are good alternatives to New Relic, as they give you the flexibility to customize the performance monitoring aspect and helps to fit within your budget.