Today, Intrusion is a bigger concern than viruses as hackers are targeting even the basic computer systems as a resource for malicious purposes. Identity cloaking, botnets, and crypto mining are a few examples. It has become crucial for companies to have a source that will protect their system from such malicious activities and attempts at all times.
The data any company holds is highly a significant resource that must be protected at any cost and given utmost attention.
Data theft or even a security breach on your endpoints can ruin your goodwill or harm the company. As a result, the company can be fined or sued later. This is why most companies follow data security standards compliance for doing business as it builds trust among clients and potential partners.
You can also discover and invest in different antivirus solutions online, but we recommend ESET Endpoint Security as it is a reliable solution and fits in the best. ESET Endpoint Security is a solution that can act as a defense system against theft, misappropriation, tampering, or blackmail.
Here, we will discuss the ESET Endpoint Security solution, its features, benefits, and drawbacks. We have also shortlisted a few alternate solutions for ESET Endpoint Security. Learn about the different endpoint protection systems, compare them, and select the one that suits your requirement and budget.
What is ESET Endpoint Security?
ESET Endpoint Security is an antivirus software system launched to protect equipment attached to your network. Began trading in 1992, ESET has evolved to be one of the pioneers of cybersecurity with various security products available in the market.
It is a unified management tool responsible for protecting business devices (PCs or mobile devices), endpoints, business data, and users with multi-layered technology. Available as a series of modules, one needs to install the package on every device that requires protection for better results.
An Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) is a trusted security solution deployed to detect malicious activity, prevent data and systems from cyberattacks or intrusion attempts, and provide remediation solutions instantly.
It is highly compatible with modern browsers, Windows, macOS, Microsoft Azure servers, iOS, Linux, and VMWare virtualizations. One can easily download the solution or use it on-premises for Windows or Linux.
The EPP solution is highly beneficial for any company and focuses on three main areas of protection, i.e., endpoint protection, cloud security, and company data protection. It is one of the easy to set up and lightweight antivirus solutions that enable businesses to detect malware pre-execution, during execution, and post-execution.
Other notable features of ESET Endpoint Security include full disk encryption, cloud-based application protection, identification of ransomware files, Network Attack Protection, and more.
Features of ESET Endpoint Security
Here are a few advanced features of ESET Endpoint Security that make it a great option for your business data and system protection. Have a look!
- Unified Console Management It has a cloud-based and on-premises unified management console ESET PROTECT that provides a real-time overview of all endpoints. Further, the console supports flexible reporting, offers network visibility, and manages security.
- Blocks Targeted Attacks Users can prioritize and block the latest threats before their delivery using the threat intelligence data. Also, it supports cloud-based updating features that quickly respond to missed detections.
- Prevents Fileless Attacks ESET endpoint protection platforms use scanners to constantly check memory, detect hijacked applications and protect against fileless attacks.
- Safeguard Web Browsers It provides a special layer of protection for browsers coupled with memory and keyboard protection.
- Protects Against Network Attacks Helps in the quick detection of known vulnerabilities available on the network and stops the damage.
- Brute Force Attack Protection ESET’s Brute Force Attack Protection features help discover and block automated attacks that exercise password guessing techniques to get entry into your network.
- Advanced Memory Scanner Monitors and scans the behavior of a malicious process once decloaks in memory and stops further damage.
- Provides Ransomware Shield The solution allows users to monitor all applications based on their behavior and reputation. Using the EPP, you get access to full protection against ransomware. Also, the feature enables the system to block any activity that resembles ransomware behavior.
- UEFI Scanner ESET Endpoint Security solution adds a shield to your systems that protects the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). The UEFI Scanner was implemented to monitor firmware’s integrity and enforce the preboot environment’s security. On noticing any changes, it immediately alerts the user.
- Exploit Blocker Using this feature, users can monitor exploitable applications, such as document readers, browsers, Java, Flash, etc. It enables businesses to focus on exploitation techniques and block threats immediately as it gets triggered.
- Behavioral Detection – HIPS The Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) uses a predefined set of rules to identify, monitor system behavior, and prevent the system from suspicious activities.
- Botnet Protection It helps detect, block, and report malicious communication used by botnets to the users. Further, it helps identify the offending processes.
- In-product Sandbox This feature enables businesses to identify the real behavior behind obfuscated malware programs.
- A highly customizable dashboard that offers a real-time overview of all endpoints and network visibility
- Supports HIPS techniques to discover threats based on their behavior
- Prevents businesses from bot attacks and other threats
- ESET Endpoint Security is available as both cloud-based SaaS or on-premise
- Uses scanners to check memory and discover anything suspicious
- Compatible with modern browsers, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Monitors system activity and provides remediation instantly
- Protects users from ransomware attacks
- Small networks might fail to use all its features as they are tailored for medium to large-size networks
- The admin console is accessible on-premises only
Pricing and Plans
ESET Endpoint Security solution is available in different pricing plans, each supporting a different set of features. The Protect Entry plan (first tier), supports five devices, offers strong machine learning, and endpoint protection starting at $239 per year. Further, it offers full protection to Linux and Windows servers.
ESET Protect Advanced is the next tier that offers endpoint protection to five devices with additional features like file server security, full disk encryption, and advanced threat defense.
ESET Protect Complete, the next tier on the list along with the features of ESET Protect Advanced offers mail security and cloud app protection.
Similarly, there are a few more plans supported by the ESET’s endpoint protection platform (EPP) that deliver enterprise-grade visibility, cyber risk management, expertise call support services, threat hunting, and more.
Website Link: https://www.eset.com/in/business/advanced-protection-bundle
The Best ESET Endpoint Security Alternatives
Investing in a plan that protects your endpoints has become crucial for all businesses. No doubt, the ESET Endpoint security solution is one of the popular products available in the market to protect against ransomware, balance performance, detect and false positives. But, it can be expensive for a few networks.
Here are a few alternate solutions and products available in the market that carry excellent properties and will deliver better results.
1. ManageEngine Endpoint Central – FREE TRIAL
ManageEngine Endpoint Central is an all-in-one management solution that combines endpoint management and security by offering features such as asset detection, patching and remote control in a unified platform. This allows IT professionals to supervise and administer multiple instances of ManageEngine Endpoint DLP (Data Loss Prevention) from a centralized location, making it an ideal solution for organizations with various branches or managed service providers managing multiple clients.
- Over 25 pre-configured options available for immediate deployment
- Features remote asset control with team collaboration tools
- Provides thorough endpoint monitoring and security
With Endpoint Central, IT professionals can access and control all their Endpoint DLP instances through a single console, making it more effortless to keep track of their network and devices. It also provides supplementary features such as consolidated reporting and advanced alerting to improve IT professionals’ management efficiency. In short, ManageEngine Endpoint Central empowers organizations to more efficiently prevent the unauthorized transmission of sensitive data from their network.
- An ideal choice for administrators who prefer on-premise solutions
- Compatible with both Windows and Linux platforms, making it more versatile than some alternatives
- Offers extensive reporting and inventory management – ideal for managed service providers
- Includes vulnerability scanning and patch management
- Supports mobile device management
- Better suited for medium to large-scale networks
Website Link: https://www.manageengine.com/products/desktop-central/
Download: Click here to download your ManageEngine Endpoint Central fully functional 30-day free trial.
2. CrowdStrike Falcon
CrowdStrike Falcon is a cloud-based solution that deploys AI techniques and threat intelligence to detect and block attackers. It comprises various modules that operate both in clouds and on-site. Further, it has a console with an agent, the installed software that performs the real job of providing protection and monitoring activities.
Falcon is quite similar to the ESET system as it also uses process scanning to discover and identify threats. One can easily track and alert users on noticing anomalous behavior over time.
The CrowdStrike Falcon platform is available in different pricing plans. Thus, users can choose features as per their requirements and budget.
3. Syxsense Secure
Syxsense Secure is another excellent security solution that comprises patch management, endpoint security, and vulnerability scanning features in a single cloud console. It helps prevent your business data and systems from cyber attacks by scanning authorization issues and other aspects. Further, the platform supports all major operating systems, real-time data, and live device monitoring features.
Syxsense Secure is easy to set up and has an intuitive dashboard. With the help of this platform, users can lock down insecure passwords and any ineffective user account policy.
4. Symantec End-user Endpoint Security
Symantec End-user Endpoint Security is one of the most integrated platforms that deliver comprehensive cloud-based protection to all mobile devices. Symantec End-user Endpoint Security solution uses AI methods to monitor and track malicious activity and protect your endpoints.
It has a single-agent or console architecture with various innovative security layers and features like behavioral isolation, Active Directory security, Threat Hunting, and Memory scanning. Another benefit of Symantec End-user Endpoint Security is it is easy to run on Windows, Mac OS, Windows Server, and Linux.
It is highly flexible and checks suspicious events written in log files using the SIEM procedures.
5. Sophos SafeGuard Encryption
Sophos SafeGuard Encryption is another alternative for ESET endpoint security. It offers a full disk encryption feature, allows users to manage keys and recovery functions, offers real-time threat protection, and more. Any unauthorized or unknown application cannot access the data if you have installed Sophos SafeGuard Encryption for your network.
It can encrypt entire data across Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. If you are looking for a platform that offers endpoint security with secure collaboration and real-time threat protection features, look no further.
Secure all your data without impacting your performance and slowing down your workflow with Sophos SafeGuard Encryption.
6. Panda Endpoint Protection
Panda Endpoint Protection is a great solution for small to medium-sized networks. It is compatible with various cross platforms, including mobile devices, and checks the statuses of peripherals and directly connected devices.
Panda Endpoint Protection offers a wide range of services, including patching, encryption, remote monitoring, management, and more, to detect and respond to threats.
One can manage all tasks conveniently and easily from a single Web console without any additional technical knowledge with Panda Endpoint Protection.
Using Panda Security’s Collective Intelligence technology, you can protect all workstations and servers within your network. Further, it provides centralized administration and management from the cloud.
You might be managing various endpoints as a business user. Let me tell you, an open network with remote and user-owned devices is riskier than a contained office LAN. Even a minor security breach on your endpoints can ruin your business and its goodwill. Hence, endpoint protection is highly necessary.
Endpoint protection is a security solution that acts as a defense system and protects endpoints against zero-day exploits, misappropriation, tampering, and other threats. Discussing ESET endpoint security solutions, these are highly trusted solutions that protect your data and systems from cyberattacks or intrusion attempts and offer instant remediation solutions.
The best part about investing in ESET endpoint security solution is it is easy to manage and can run on Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Azure servers, iOS, Linux, and VMWare virtualizations. One can easily detect malware pre-execution, during execution, and post-execution with EPP.
ESET Endpoint Security solution offers a wide range of features that make it a top choice. Using ESET’s Brute Force Attack Protection feature, one can help discover and block automated attacks that exercise password-guessing techniques and crack network security. Also, it supports scanners to detect hijacked applications and protect the network against fileless attacks.
The Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) in the ESET Endpoint security solution allows users to use a predefined set of rules to identify, monitor system behavior, and prevent the system from suspicious activities.
Today, most companies invest in EPP because it is trustworthy and comprises excellent features. But, a few look for alternatives as it can be expensive. It supports different pricing and plans – Protect Entry plan, ESET Protect Advanced, ESET Protect Complete, and more.
ManageEngine Endpoint Central, CrowdStrike Falcon, Syxsense Secure, Symantec End-user Endpoint Security, Sophos SafeGuard Encryption, and Panda Endpoint Protection are a few alternate options you can invest in. These are perfect solutions if you do not require so many features or have a smaller budget.
Go through the features and benefits of the ESET Endpoint Security solution and compare all the above-listed alternatives to make a final call.