Web security threats have increased with the rise in the demand for the Internet. These are a form of internet-borne cybersecurity risk that can damage both individuals and organizations regardless of the intent or cause. Computer viruses, data theft, phishing attacks, account takeover, and server attacks are a few Web-bound threats that can ruin your goodwill and put your business into heavy losses.
To safeguard your organization and its sensitive data, you must invest in tools or platforms that provide the utmost protection.
DataDome is one such popular platform that provides complete protection against account takeover, scaping, card cracking, Fake Account Creation, etc. Get protection for your web servers and their associated accounts with the help of DataDome.
Let us discuss DataDome in detail – How does it work? What are its benefits and drawbacks? Pricing Plans? Further, we have highlighted a few alternatives to DataDome that can also protect your organizations against Web-bound threats.
DataDome is a cloud-based service deployed as a plug-in to protect websites, mobile apps, and APIs. There are many internet-borne cybersecurity risks present that can harm users and damage both individuals and organizations.
Whether you carry employee accounts as a business or customer accounts for eCommerce enterprises, the platform assures full protection to all web servers and their associated accounts.
With the help of bot Security Operations Center (SOC) experts, you can monitor and mitigate all incoming and outgoing traffic. Hence, ensuring optimal security at all times. Further, it provides 24/7 technical support services for emergencies and queries.
Another plus point about DataDome is it is available for all major mobile platforms and web technologies. You can deploy it anywhere in the cloud by adding a code optimized for your architecture. It uses a blend of AI and machine learning features to detect AI bots in real-time and determine whether the access to the requested page must be granted or not to the user.
It also supports various algorithms that help analyze multiple data events and identify zero-day threats.
DataDome has been in practice for a long time and has been announced as the Strong Performer in Bot Management. Using the popular tool, you can collect information about attack intent, performance latency metrics, false positives, and other false-negative rates. Further, the powerful tool provides real-time attack notifications and other details on detecting any threat.
If you are looking for a powerful tool that will protect your accounts against scaping, account takeover, card fraud and cracking, credential stuffing, server overloading, DDoS attacks, fake account creation, scalping, vulnerability probing, etc., we recommend investing in DataDome.
Most of these attacks are performed by bots. At times the bots get installed on your system without your consent or knowledge through malware infection.
Hence, the best solution to protect your device from such attackers is to deploy DataDome, which can monitor and protect your system from unwanted threats.
How Does DataDome Work?
DataDome supports around 15 adjustable assessment techniques with four preset defense modes to protect your business. Balanced Protection, Flash Sales Protection, Breaking News Protection, and Under Attack Protection are the different modes supported by the tool.
Balanced Protection Mode is used against bot attacks and online fraud, while flash sales enable businesses to increase fraud settings to track threats outside the target geographical area.
Similarly, Breaking News Protection Mode aims to protect against DDoS attacks.
The Under Attack Protection Mode is used when an attack is underway and for short periods.
You cannot reduce the traffic load on a web server using DataDome but can accept or reject connections using different assessment techniques. The tool hardly takes any time to run these assessments, but the settings turned on for running these tests might cause a bit of delay.
Remember, all websites do not require card fraud prevention systems or defense services. Hence, request the tests only when needed to protect systems during specific circumstances.
It can indeed protect your online business against various threats but it can be expensive for a few enterprises. Look at some of its benefits, pros, and cons before finalizing a decision.
Benefits of Using DataDome
Here are a few benefits of DataDome that will convince you to choose the perfect bot detection tool for your online business protection:
- Quick Deployment DataDome is delivered as-a-services and demands no DNS rerouting. It is simple to implement and hardly takes any time. You can deploy the powerful tool in a few seconds.
- Detects AI bots in real-time DataDome uses AI and machine learning to compare and detect every threat that hits your website. It hardly takes any time to determine whether the requested information should be allowed or rejected. With the help of DataDome, you can analyze hundreds of daily events in real-time and track incoming threats.
- Protects against malicious bots and other threats Another feature of DataDome is it helps discover and identify 100% of OWASP automated threats and classifies them for monitoring and analysis. Using the tool, you can track Card fraud, credential stuffing, Inventory hoarding, server overloading, DDoS attacks, fake account creation, etc.
- Unmatched customization options It allows users to block human traffic incoming from different countries where you don’t sell your product or service. Further, you can customize and allow partner bots to access the website only when demanded.
- Supports powerful analytics tools It comprises a powerful analytics tool that helps deliver detailed insights. Get more details about the automated traffic targeting your website.
- The tool is highly flexible and supports 15 adjustable assessment techniques
- Supports four preset control options
- Allows users to protect websites, mobile apps, and APIs against web-based threats
- Protects your web servers and accounts against fraud and threats
- Allows users to block malicious or bad bots
- Protects against scalping and inventory hoarding
- It can be very expensive for small and medium-sized enterprises
- It fails to minimize the traffic load on a web server.
- It demands the user to completely understand the solution, or you may leave gaps for bots during implementation.
DataDome supports three pricing plans – Business, Corporate, and Enterprise. Each plan is priced based on a subscription with an annual and monthly rate. If you are looking forward to investing in the Business edition, it will come across $3,890 per month and $35,880 annually.
For those who wish to invest in the corporate edition with a few more advanced features, the plan will cost you $7,790 per month and $71,880 annually.
The enterprise edition price is negotiable. Hence, contact DataDome for more details and price.
DataDome is expensive, but the services covered under the tool are magnificent. TripAdvisor, McDonald’s, ZocDoc, and Reddit are a few high-profile clients that trust DataDome and have invested their money into this powerful tool for better security and results.
You can try a 30-day free trial session with DataDome before investing money or purchasing the license.
Best DataDome Alternatives
DataDome is an interesting software that helps protect your online businesses against fraud and blocks malicious bots making efforts to enter your system and cause damage. It is an ideal solution for most eCommerce businesses.
Another feature of DataDome that makes it a top choice is that it is compatible with all major mobile platforms.
But with benefits, there are also some disadvantages such as it is quite an expensive service. One of the major reasons why most businesses look for alternatives.
Here are a few alternatives that can be used to protect your web server and associated accounts against DDoS attacks and other threats.
- Cloudflare Bot Manager A great solution for web applications as it helps discover all undetected malicious bots using threat intelligence at scale. Most businesses trust Cloudflare for it offers DDoS protection. Further, it comprises a DNS system, a content delivery network (CDN), and other essential services that help spot bad bots in real-time. It also supports various analytical tools that aid businesses in analyzing behavior and detecting anomalies found in the incoming traffic. Businesses can also try the free package and practice features, including browser fingerprinting, DNS management, etc. Further, it allows blocking, scraping credentials, stuffing, and other threats.
- Akamai Another great alternate solution and a comprehensive one. Its main purpose is to defend your systems against any dangerous threat or bot attacks. Akamai makes use of AI models to detect unknown bots. It not only uses the allow/block technique to safeguard your systems, but rather tricks the attackers by using fake content and slowing down their process. With the help of the Akamai bot detection system, businesses can get access to real-time industry insights and perform detailed analyses on the bot traffic. Another feature of the powerful tool is it adds protection to the entire attack surface and automatically manages all the known bots.
- AppTrana Web Application Firewall A cloud-based service with a combination of firewall and vulnerability scanner. It works as a security wall between a Web server and the outside world. The tool helps filter all the incoming traffic and updates on discovering any malicious activity. To discover any harmful activity, the tool uses AI-based machine learning systems. Further, it also enables businesses to scan all weaknesses and track the behavior of every application. The main role of the Indusface AppTrana is to track application activities, Vulnerability scanning, and protection against bots.
- AppsFlyer Most developers trust AppsFlyer over other fraud detection tools as it protects customer privacy and enables businesses to deliver exceptional mobile experiences. The popular tool uses the latest fraud detection technologies to keep your business ahead of threats at all times – before, during, or after installation. With the help of this excellent tool, a business can perform cluster analysis, create personalized validation rules, and analyze hundreds of mobile sensors. Get access to deeper insights and eliminate all the sophisticated threats that can harm your business.
- Radware Bot Manager Radware Bot Manager and DataDome support a similar deployment strategy, i.e., the service is hosted in the cloud, but you need to add a line of code to the website for accessing and protecting data against threats. It also uses AI to discover application-level attacks and perform behavior analysis. Radware Bot Manager is a service accessed through a plug-in that helps identify DDoS attacks. Businesses can add a reCAPTCHA challenge to their websites using the tool to block bots. Further, it supports 30-day free trial sessions for new users.
Today, you can find many malicious or bad bots in the web traffic that aim to attack your data. As a result, it may harm your online business. Hence, for your application security and protection against online frauds, it is recommended to install tools that help detect malicious bots.
There are many smart developers and skilled engineers who would recommend the use of the latest technologies and tools like DataDome to protect your data against web-based threats.
A good bot detection solution helps identify zero-day threats, predicts attacks and blocks before they launch, is transparent to your human visitors, and allows users to make a quick decision in real-time without affecting the performance.
DataDome is the one that fulfills all the criteria and claims to be one of the best bot detection solutions. Using its excellent features, your business can protect itself from DDoS attacks, credential stuffing, card fraud, content theft, and other bot-related threats.
No doubt, it is a great solution, but there will always be a loophole. Like other tools, it also carries a few drawbacks which are why some people look for a similar tool or alternatives.
Here, we have also highlighted some of the alternative solutions to DataDome that can be advantageous for your business protection.
Cloudflare Bot Manager, Akamai, AppTrana Web Application Firewall, AppsFlyer, and Radware Bot Manager are a few popular bot detection tools that will help add more realistic protection to your web servers and their associated accounts.