The exponential growth of the IT industry has led to complex networks, multiple devices, and a huge jump in the number of users. Undoubtedly, this has augured well for the industry and its players. At the same time, it has also led to an increase in the number of technical issues, service requests, and notifications. This increase has made it almost impossible for the IT team to keep up with service requests manually, thereby requiring the use of advanced platforms for managing these multitudes of requests.
The good news is that there are many service request management software available today to choose from. That said, navigating through this maze may not be easy for you and this is why we have come up with a list of the best service request management software.
The Best Service Request Management Software
Below is a list of the best service request management software. We have thoroughly analyzed the capabilities of each software and their likely positive impact on your organization, and our curated list below reflects these efforts.
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk – FREE TRIAL This is an automated help desk platform that provides a centralized mechanism to track and manage all your IT assets. Its many integrations and advanced reporting capabilities add to its popularity. Get a 14-day free trial!
- Jira Service Desk This is an intuitive service desk tool that comes with powerful SLA tools, real-time reports, and automated service request management.
- Zendesk A help desk platform geared towards improving customer service by providing seamless support across different channels.
- ServiceNow A comprehensive IT Service Management (ITSM) platform that comes with many features to boost employee productivity and customer experience.
- FreshService This cloud-based ITSM is an intuitive and intelligent platform to increase efficiency, provide top-notch service for customers, and get a higher ROI.
Next, we’ll break down the detailed capabilities of these tools to help you pick the appropriate software.
The Web Help Desk from SolarWinds is a comprehensive platform for tracking and managing all your IT assets and generating reports based on their usage. Through such features, this tool simplifies task management and provides all the information you need for auditing and compliance.
Here’s a look at SolarWinds Web Help Desk’s salient features.
- Automated Ticketing Staying on top of tickets and their progress can be a big drain on your resources’ productivity. This is why the Web Help Desk automates this process for you. It automatically creates help desk tickets from email and Slack requests and associates them with the corresponding IT assets. Depending on the setup, it can even send the ticket to a specific individual or team through email and SMS text message alerts. You can also create rules for the ticket management workflow. This will come in handy if you have tickets that span across multiple departments.
- Simplified Ticket Management Another advantage of this platform is that you can link any number of child tickets to a parent ticket. This keeps your tickets better organized and you can also track their progress better. To see a history of these tickets, simply add an individual or an IT asset to the ticket.
- Built-in Reporting Web Help Desk comes with built-in reporting features that can generate extensive reports and charts for your internal and external auditing needs. It can also help you comply with many industry standards. More importantly, it gives a snapshot of your assets’ and systems’ performances. You can also schedule report generation and delivery via email. It supports custom reports as well.
- Remote Integration Web Help Desk integrates well with most ITOM tools to ease management. With this, you will have all the assets under a single roof and in turn, will give the visibility you need. This unified view is sure to ease your budgeting, capacity planning, and provisioning processes. Overall, Web Help Desk is an advanced problem that not simply manages your tickets, but automates the workflow, and gives you complete control and visibility over what’s happening within your organization.
Pricing: It starts at $376/tech and supports unlimited users.
Free Trial: Click here for a 14-day free trial.
2. Jira Service Desk
This intuitive service desk software from Atlassian is built on the Jira platform. If you already use Jira for your software development process, this is a natural extension of the same. It also comes with an easy-to-use interface, real-time reporting capabilities, automated workflows, and more.
Let’s look jump into the salient features of Jira.
- Easy Management One of the highlights of Jira is its easy management. The user interface is simple and intuitive, so you can find all the information you want in a single pane. It can be highly useful when you have to coordinate tickets across multiple teams. Lastly, Jira’s form builder helps to customize Jira to meet the unique requirements of each team.
- Request Automation Jira makes it easy to bring together requests from chats, emails, and other channels. All of these are automatically assigned to users and linked to IT assets based on your custom rules. You can also track and triage these tickets, take bulk actions on specific groups, use machine learning to sort them, and categorize them based on different criteria.
- Reporting Another well-used feature as you can do a deep dive into the reports to understand your customers, the performance of your IT assets, the productivity of your employees, and more. These reports can also be used for presenting to various stakeholders within and outside of your organization. Its slick dashboards also make it easy to find the information you need for decision-making.
- Incident Management Jira has a streamlined incident management process for sending alerting and managing on-calls. You can centralize and log all your alerts to ensure that your team is capable of addressing these issues quickly. It can also help with resource planning, budgeting, and measuring employee performance and productivity. The alerts and notifications can be customized to meet your organization’s needs. There are also options for escalations.
- Provides Context Jira provides the context for an issue, so your employees can resolve it faster and better. It also computes risk using its automation-powered risk assessment engine. Accordingly, it assigns a value to the ticket for easy prioritization.
In all, the Jira Service Management is a comprehensive tool that can provide clear insights into your ticketing workflow and the related employee performance.
Jira offers four plans and they are:
- Free. Ideal for small teams (max three users).
- Standard – $20/agent. A good choice for growing teams.
- Premium – $45/agent. Works well for organizations looking to scale
- Enterprise. Custom quote.
Free Trial: Click here for a free trial.
Zendesk is an automated ticketing platform that’s focused on providing better service quality for customers. It scales well with your business and empowers you to communicate across multiple channels.
Here’s a look at Zendesk’s salient features.
- Provides Personalized Experience Providing a personalized experience is known to improve customers’ impression about your company and lead to improved customer loyalty and a long-term relationship. Zendesk helps your organization to add a touch of personalization to every customer by providing contextual based information. It creates this context using AI-powered bots and automation capabilities, so you know who your customer is and what’s his/her background while communicating with them.
- Integrated Help Center Zendesk can help to build a help center hosting all the resources that customers need for self-help. In turn, a robust help center will bring down the number of queries for customer support and the pressure that comes with maintaining resolution times.
- Easy to Set Up Another highlight of Zendesk is its ease of setup. It doesn’t entail a lot of time and effort as the configurations are handled in the cloud. Further, it comes with many robust tools for easy setup and use.
- Unified View Zendesk makes it easy to manage and respond to customer queries and concerns from a unified agent workspace. This helps with tracking, prioritizing, and responding to customers’ issues. Along with this, the workspace provides complete customer context, including 1000+ built-in integrations that will help agents to provide personalized support and experience for each customer.
- Actionable Insights Zendesk provides actionable insights in the form of easy-to-read reports. It combines parameters across sales, service, and third-party systems to provide the information you need for decision-making. It also helps to calculate your Return on Investment (ROI) to measure the benefits of an omnichannel approach to customer support.
Overall, Zendesk is a good choice for handling customer queries and concerns and generating and tracking tickets to manage the same. That said, note that customers can also include internal employees and not just your external end customers. Thus, you can use it for both internal and external tickets.
Zendesk offers three plans and they are:
- Suite Team – $49/agent/month
- Suite Growth – $79/agent/month
- Suite Professional – $99/agent/month
Free Trial: Click here for a free trial.
ServiceNow is a wide-arching platform that comes with solutions for service management, employee productivity, end-user experience, and more. In this article, we will be focusing on its IT Service Management (ITSM) platform and the capabilities that it can bring to your organization.
Below are some features that are sure to add value to your organization’s ITSM needs.
- Unified Platform The biggest advantage of ServiceNow is the unified view it provides for your employees and your organization as a whole. This not helps you to have complete control within your organization but also provides deeper insights into the shared data. You can also use this platform to integrate all the disparate tools into a single system.
- Streamlined Incident Management ServiceNow streamlines incident management using embedded and proven workflow practices that make it easy to track and resolve high-impact incidents. As a result, your organization can always stay on top of the tickets and provide a better end-user experience as well.
- AI-Powered You can speed up the incident resolution process using ServiceNow’s built-in AI and machine learning capabilities. It will provide a context and can help eliminate bottlenecks in resolution. These capabilities also help to reduce noise and at the same time, prioritize incidents and reduce the Mean Time To Resolution (MTTR).
- Boosts Employee Productivity Another salient aspect of ServiceNow is the impact it has on employee productivity. Specifically, it improves their experience of using an ITSM tool, thanks to its simple and intuitive interface and its well-integrated tools. It also eases collaboration among employees and teams, and everyone can track their respective tickets and progress.
In all, ServiceNow is a comprehensive ITSM. But it may be too extensive for small businesses, especially if you don’t need its immense capabilities.
Pricing: Contact the sales team for a quote.
Free Trial: At the time of writing this piece, ServiceNow doesn’t offer a free trial. But you can get started here.
FreshService is a cloud-based ITSM tool that helps to align IT with the overall business goals. To achieve this, it integrates service requests from different channels, tracks their progress, assigns prioritizes for quick remediation when needed, and through it, improves employee productivity and end-user experience.
Here’s a look at FreshService’s salient features.
- Omnichannel Ticket Resolution FreshService allows users to raise tickets through multiple channels such as emails, phone, web portals, or even in person. It collates together tickets from all these channels and assigns them to the respective individuals or teams, based on your automated configuration. From this point on, it becomes simple to track the progress of tickets and calculate their respective resolution time.
- Manages SLAs With FreshService, you can set any number of SLA policies. Accordingly, you can set deadlines for tickets and their resolution. This will help you to resolve high-priority tickets quickly with an opportunity for escalation when needed. As a bonus, you will always be on top of your SLAs.
- Automation FreshService uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML) algorithms to automate tasks and assign priority values to them. You can always tweak these capabilities to meet your specific business needs.
- Creates a Self-Service Portal The other advantage is you can create a self-service portal that your customers can use to find answers to basic queries. This takes the pressure off your customer service representatives and helps you to optimize your resources.
Thus, these are some of the important features of FreshService. As you can see, it is ideal for organizations of all sizes and can provide much-needed visibility into incident management and tracking.
FreshService offers four plans, namely,
- Starter – $19/agent/month
- Pro – $49/agent/month
- Growth – $89/agent/month
- Enterprise – $109/agent/month
Free Trial: Click here for a 21-day free trial.
Thus, these are some of the best service request management software available today.
Service request management has become an important aspect of business operations today because of the growing number of users and the complexity of the underlying network and infrastructure. At the same time, this complexity makes it difficult to implement them all manually. This is where service request management platforms help.
The above-mentioned platforms come with extensive capabilities to handle all your incident and change management, so you have better visibility and analytics of your organization’s performance, employee productivity, end-user satisfaction, and more.