The remote desktop software is a boon for travelers or people who handle multiple devices. Today, no matter if you have to travel far, one can always monitor and track the business with powerful remote support software like LogMeIn.
LogMeIn is a remote desktop control software that provides a fast and secure HD remote access solution. Its intuitive interface empowers team members to stay updated and produce better results from anywhere. Be it critical patch management or the creation of insightful reports, the powerful software excels in every form.
LogMeIn has been in practice for a long time, but most companies are looking for an alternate solution due to its high price tag. If you are also looking forward to finding a similar software but more efficient and available at a cheap rate, continue reading.
In this guide, we have listed free and paid LogMeIn alternatives. Follow the software and compare them to choose the best one for your business operations and smooth working.
Here is our list of the best LogMeIn alternatives:
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support – FREE TRIAL A similar to LogMeIn as it also supports platforms like Linux, Windows, and macOS X. However, it is affordable, easy-to-use, highly versatile, fast, and secure remote control software.
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere – FREE TRIAL A fast and lightweight cloud-based solution that provides unattended support to remote users from any location. All you require is an internet connection to provide quick remote control over the devices.
- ManageEngine Remote Access Plus – FREE TRIAL A software solution that enables users to remotely access and manage their computers and other devices from a centralized location.
- MSP360 Remote Assistant Α free remote desktop software that offers secure communication and securely connects with desktops and servers. It is compatible with various platforms like windows, android, macOS, and iOS.
- ConnectWise Control Α fast, reliable, and secure cloud-based remote desktop software application. The popular tool offers unattended access and comprises machine management capabilities backed with excellent security features.
- Zoho Assist Α great replacement for LogMeIn that helps conduct on-demand remote support sessions. The software takes hardly a few seconds to create a secure connection and provide support to customers from a distance.
- Windows Remote Desktop Connection Αllows users to connect with multiple devices and carry the communication forward.
- TeamViewer Οne of the popular remote access software with built-in security systems. It can be a great replacement solution for LogMeIn.
- Supremo Remote Desktop Software A cloud-based solution used by various enterprises for remote assistance. The powerful tool is easy-to-use and compatible with multiple platforms, such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Chrome Remote Desktop A free remote desktop software introduced by Google. It uses a proprietary protocol to create a remote connection and help users control other devices.
Why We Need LogMeIn Alternatives?
One of the main reasons, most enterprises are in search of a LogMeIn alternative is that it is no more available for free. The free version of the software lasts for only seven days, and the premium account costs higher than other competitors. Secondly, many companies have grown in the market and deliver a similar set of features like LogMeIn at a lesser price.
Apart from the heavy price tag, some users find the software interface overwhelming. General consumers cannot use the software so easily as it supports various features that may require time to learn. In simple terms, the software demands users to first learn how the software works as it is not so easy to use.
There are also a few drawbacks, such as the session crashes. In such cases, users have to restart the software. Many users find it a tedious task and rather prefer switching to an alternative. Overall, LogMeIn has a slightly outdated UI and offers less value for the high subscription cost. And for this reason, people are looking for an alternative.
Best LogMeIn Alternatives Tools
You may find a wide range of remote connectivity platforms online, but each of them cannot replace LogMeIn. LogMeIn is a leading software in the market and comprises various features that make it a unique option. To replace LogMeIn, we have picked up some of the notable remote connectivity platforms based on similar features and pricing. Follow the complete list of LogMeIn Alternatives that stand out rest of the tools. Here are some of the impressive LogMeIn alternate software:
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support is similar to LogMeIn as it also supports platforms like Linux, Windows, and macOS X. However, it is affordable, easy to use, highly versatile, fast, and secure remote control software. The purpose to design the software was to accelerate remote IT administration tasks, simplify IT troubleshooting, saving time and resources.
All you require is a strong internet connection to build a remote connection from anywhere, at any time. Also, you have the right to invite users to join remote sessions and access computers easily using this software. Furthermore, it displays a guide to update users about the essential steps for creating a connection.
Another advantage that sets SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support apart from LogMeIn is its mobile capabilities. This feature allows users to access the network devices from any location using Android or iOS devices. If you do not have a computer to create a connection, you can try the Dameware mobile application.
Unlike LogMeIn, the DRS software allows the operators to manage an unlimited number of sessions. It also supports the management of Active Directory domains, users, and groups.
- It is compatible with multiple platforms like macOS X, Linux, and Windows
- Supports a single console to access computers and other devices
- Allows invitations to users to join remote sessions
- The popular software helps simplify IT troubleshooting
- Highly versatile, fast, and secure software
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) comprises mobile capabilities
- Supports unlimited sessions simultaneously
- Allows management of various Active Directory domains, users, and groups
- Supports .CSV and .XML formats
- Two-factor authentication support
- Provides full remote assistance from any location
- Alert system
- The software supports various languages
- It comprises built-in admin tools
Website Link: https://www.solarwinds.com/remote-support-software
Download: Click here to download your SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support fully functional 14-day free trial.
SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere is a fast and lightweight cloud-based solution that provides unattended support to remote users from any location. All you require is an internet connection to provide quick remote control over the devices. Unlike other cloud-based remote software, SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere offers advanced encryption protocols and supports two-factor authentication features for security purposes.
It is similar to LogMeIn capabilities and offers quality reporting solutions as well. It also helps connect users remotely to out-of-band computers and provides Wake-on-LAN support. DRE supports live chat options, allows recording sessions, and takes screenshots during active sessions. Various features make SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere a top choice. It also allows swapping between end-user monitors.
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere is a lightweight remote support solution
- It allows quick setup and remote access control features
- Supports advanced encryption protocols for secure connections
- Allows multi-level permissions features
- Supports two-factor authentication
- It has a secret vault page to change passwords, add or delete information
- Allows remote connections with out-of-band computers
- Supports Wake-on-LAN
- It is a time-saving program that provides complete instructions at the beginning of the session
- Allows users to take screenshots and recordings during the session
- SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere provides future insights
- Allows users to add notes during active sessions
- Users can save recorded sessions in the cloud using SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere
- Live chat feature
- Supports VoIP or conduct video calls
Website Link: https://www.solarwinds.com/dameware-remote-everywhere
Download: Click here to download your SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere fully functional 14-day free trial.
ManageEngine Remote Access Plus offers a wide range of features and tools, including remote desktop access, file transfer, and remote printing.
Remote Access Plus also offers security and authentication options to ensure that remote access is secure and controlled. It is suitable for businesses, schools, and other organizations to enhance their remote support and management processes.
- Consolidated remote access for multiple networks
- Script library for automation and maintenance
- Native remote access tools for PCs and network devices
One of the salient features of Remote Access Plus is the capability to activate sleeping or powered-off computers and devices using wake-on-LAN (WoL). Additionally, the software provides powerful troubleshooting and reporting tools that are ideal for helpdesks of any size.
- Offers a suite of tools designed for support technicians alongside the remote access features
- Offers both on-premise and cloud-based deployments
- Uses an easy-to-navigate interface to browse devices by client, network, or custom grouping
- Built for teams, offering internal chat and collaboration tools
- Supports features such as Wake On Lan, live chat, and Take Control options
- Some of the more advanced features can take time to fully explore and learn
Website Link: https://www.manageengine.com/remote-desktop-management/
Download: Click here to download your ManageEngine Remote Access Plus fully functional 30-day free trial.
4. MSP360 Remote Assistant
MSP360 Remote Assistant, also referred to as CloudBerry, is a free remote desktop software that offers secure communication and securely connects with desktops and servers. It is compatible with various platforms like windows, android, macOS, and iOS. The scalable remote desktop software allows users to control and manage all connections using a single web console.
The software is quick to run and requires no installation. Further, it supports SSL-encrypted connections like LogMeIn to maintain security while running active sessions or file transfers. MSP360 Remote Assistant also supports text and voice capabilities for better communication over the Internet.
MSP360 Remote Assistant may not be a perfect solution for business use. But, certain functionalities available in the software make it a good alternate solution for LogMeIn.
- MSP360 Remote Assistant is available for free, even for business use
- The software is compatible with various platforms, including Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS
- Supports unattended remote access
- Offers quick support services
- Supports excellent voice and text chat features
- File transfer features are supported during active remote sessions
- It has a good user interface
- Supports SSL-encrypted connections
- Centralized Management
- MSP360 Remote Assistant is easy to deploy
- Supports Multi-regional authentication server
- It helps generate quality reports
Website Link: https://www.msp360.com/remote-desktop
5. ConnectWise Control
ConnectWise Control is a fast, reliable, and secure cloud-based remote desktop software application. The popular tool offers unattended access and comprises machine management capabilities backed with excellent security features. It is an impressive screen-sharing tool designed for technicians and IT staff requiring remote access to different systems.
ConnectWise Control also offers a seven-day free trial to users with three subscriptions. It supports easily-installable extensions, integrations, and other features that enable users to perform actions smoothly. Operators can host the software from various platforms like Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android with no end-user interruptions.
It is a fully functional remote support solution that supports drag-and-drop file transfer, screen recording, multiple monitors, chat, command-line access, reboot and reconnect functions, etc. The self-hosted remote desktop secure is suitable for commercial use.
- ConnectWise Control comprises full remote control capabilities
- Minimal learning curve
- Supports AES-256 encryption
- Two-factor authentication support
- SAML authentication
- Supports multiple LDAP user sources
- Supports host pass configuration options. As a result, it allows vendor access for a long period
- It helps locate machines faster
- Five-digit session code
- Supports mass deploy agents
- Supports role-based security features
- Allows enforcement of transparency using video session recordings
- Provides permission-based security
- Supports server-level auditing
- Allows users to find, filter, and download a recording
- The software is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux machines, and other devices
- It helps generate quality reports and construct queries
- Supports third-party integrations
Website Link: https://control.connectwise.com/
6. Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist is a great replacement for LogMeIn which helps conduct on-demand remote support sessions. The software takes hardly a few seconds to create a secure connection and provide support to customers from a distance. It provides unattended remote access, file transfer features, Voice and Video Chat options, etc.
Zoho Assist is an all-in-one software that supports help desk integration, concurrent sessions, screen sharing, and other features. For safe and secure communication and data exchange between remote computers, the software supports two-factor authentication and TLS 256-bit AES encryption.
The file transfer feature available in the tool allows users to send and receive large files across multiple networks. Furthermore, in case the system gets logged off, they help reboot and reconnect without terminating any session. One can practice the free trial session if needed.
- Zoho Assist provides Unattended Remote Access
- Supports screen-sharing features
- Allows file transfer up to 2GB across different networks
- Live chat options are available
- Allows users to schedule remote support sessions
- You can work with multiple monitors using Zoho Assist
- Support voice and video chat options for faster solutions
- Users can remotely reboot anytime during sessions and reconnect without ending the session
- Supports bulk deployment
- Provides quick diagnosis and management of remote computers
- Supports session recording
- Allows users to swap screens during remote sessions
- Allows users to highlight specific areas on the remote screen
- Zoho assist software is compatible with Android and iOS devices
- Supports Two-factor Authentication
- Provides SSL and 256-bit AES encryption
Website Link: https://www.zoho.com/assist/
7. Windows Remote Desktop Connection
It was developed by Microsoft for Windows but is not restricted to only the Windows platform. The powerful software is also compatible with android devices. Windows Remote Desktop Connection allows users to connect with multiple devices and carry the communication forward. It also allows users to present data from the server to multiple clients.
With Windows Remote Desktop Connection, the operators can add multiple systems manually and automatically. It is a free tool and much easy to use. If you are looking for free software for LogMeIn replacement, you can try Windows Remote Desktop Connection. It comprises various features that make it a great solution.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS X, and smartphones
- Allows users to connect multiple devices using the app
- Windows Remote Desktop Connection is a free and easy-to-use remote desktop software
- Supports various network topologies
- Compatible with multiple LAN protocols
- Provides support up to 64,000 separate channels
- Uses a stream cipher for encryption
- Supports Bandwidth reduction features
- Allows users to manually disconnect from sessions without logging off devices
- Supports Clipboard mapping
- Allows sharing graphics during remote desktop sessions
- Network load balancing
- Supports Smart Card authentication
TeamViewer is one of the popular remote access software with built-in security systems. It can be a great replacement solution for LogMeIn. A large number of enterprises and individuals use TeamViewer for its overwhelming features and simple setup.
TeamViewer was released in 2005 and gained popularity over time. It hardly takes any time to create a fast and secure connection with TeamViewer. It is available for free for non-commercial users, requires no registrations, and allows users to access the data from any location.
If you are looking for remote desktop software as an alternative to LogMeIn that can manage day-to-day business operations and supports secure file transfers, look no further. TeamViewer has a user-friendly interface, supports some of the most prominent features, and offers a secure connection at all times.
- TeamViewer generates secure and strong remote connections
- TeamViewer software is compatible with all devices
- No need for a strong internet connection to connect remotely
- Provides full remote access
- Ad-hoc support
- Supports integrations for a few main service desk systems
- Allows users to add sticky notes on remote devices
- For private remote access, the software supports a black screen
- TeamViewer offers flexible file-sharing features
- Supports remote printing for platforms like Windows and macOS
- Allows users to record remote access sessions
- The tool helps generate detailed reports and maintains accuracy
- Supports management of account data, logs, and other credentials
- Support ticket management
- One can also set the connection speed using the software
Website Link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/
Supremo Remote Desktop Software is a cloud-based solution used by various enterprises for remote assistance. The powerful tool is easy-to-use and compatible with multiple platforms, such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
It can work as a better alternate solution to LogMeIn as it is reliable, quick, and provides easy intervention. Also, it permits the users to handle multiple screens. Available for free for personal use, but commercial users require switching to the premium account or subscribing to the software.
Supremo supports the AES256-bit program and other features like unattended access, online reports, automatic updates, etc. If you are not satisfied with MSP360 and looking for another switch, try out Supremo Remote Desktop Assistant. It has a customizable application interface and supports similar features and functionalities like LogMeIn.
- The tool is compatible with Windows, Android, Linux, iOS, and macOS
- Supremo is a cost-effective alternative solution to LogMeIn
- Requires no installation or configuration of firewalls
- Supports the drag-and-drop feature
- Supports chat options for instant messages to other users
- Allows users to launch a few commands for running smooth remote operations
- The software is available for free for non-professional users.
- Supports unlimited installs for the software.
- Without connecting, users can check if the user is online or offline
- Team collaboration and contact sharing
- Offers secure and reliable file transfer features
- Allows access to unattended servers and devices
- Generate online reports by collecting, filtering, and exporting data
- Supports configuration of custom interface
- Supports auto-update feature
Website Link: https://www.supremocontrol.com/
10. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop is a free remote desktop software introduced by Google. It uses a proprietary protocol to create a remote connection and help users control other devices. To manage other systems from your location, all you require is to log in to the tool.
Google’s free Chrome Remote Desktop software is easy to install and compatible with various platforms (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and Android devices. The process to upload and download files has become much easier after introducing Chrome Remote Desktop.
Originally, the tool was used as a chrome extension, but now many users can find it on web portals. If you want to share your screen with team members or upload/download files from a different location, Chrome Remote Desktop is quick and offers secure communication. It provides users with a secure SSL connection and quick file transfer features.
- Chrome Remote Desktop is one of the free tools available as a chrome extension
- Chrome remote desktops are quick to install
- It uses a proprietary protocol to create a remote session
- The software is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers
- Secure and maintains complete privacy at the time of file sharing
- Keeps AES-encrypted data when operating
- Easy to manage data in real-time
- Lightweight and faster in operations
- Minimalist UI
- Clipboard syncing (Optional)
- Chrome Remote Desktop supports android devices
- The powerful software is highly responsive
Website Link: https://remotedesktop.google.com/
Remote desktop software help users access other computers and share files and information easily. These tools support the client-server model to create a connection and control other devices. When it comes to selecting one for your business, most entrepreneurs recommend LogMeIn software. But, it has a high price tag and is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Over years, LogMeIn has been a popular remote access program for most companies. But with additional changes to the software, the concern for affordability has risen. As a result, companies want to switch to other powerful remote desktop software that is cost-effective and offers other similar functionalities. Follow the above list of prominent software solutions that can work great as a replacement for LogMeIn.
We have considered various factors like pricing, user-friendliness, feature sophistication, and more to rank an alternate and present it to you. Explore some of the notable remote access tools for personal and commercial use. This guide comprises some of the popular software like Zoho Assist, TeamViewer, SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere, ConnectWise Control, etc., that offer fast, reliable, and secure remote control and connections.
Compare each remote desktop software and its features, then select the tool that meets your enterprise-grade requirements. Check for yourself which software or tool provides high-end security, pro features, and better pricing solutions. We have listed both free and paid tools in this guide. You can also practice free trials for a few remote desktop software before moving to the premium account.