Are your employees’ laptops, hard drives, and USB flash drives unencrypted? If this is the case, let me tell you their data is in grave danger. Every day a large number of complaints are received by cyber cells of lost or stolen computers and drives that store unencrypted data.
Cybercriminals always try their best to crack devices. If your devices are not properly encrypted, there are high chances that you might lose all the crucial information if these devices reach the hands of attackers.
Thus, it is vital to store all your company data in a safe place like EncryptStick, which protects, synchronizes, and creates regular backups for your company data. EncryptStick is a popular security program with military-grade encryption and smart synchronization features for all PCs and Mac platforms.
Here we will discuss EncryptStick, its features, benefits, and drawbacks. We have also shortlisted a few alternate solutions for EncryptStick. Learn about the different software programs, compare them, and select the one that fits your requirement and budget.
What is EncryptStick?
EncryptStick is a software program that stores, protects, synchronizes, and creates a backup for your sensitive data and files. Today, most businesses are moving to the cloud and are using devices like laptops, hard drives, and USB flash drives to store, make transactions, and share files. But what if you might lose data stored on these devices?
As we all know cybercriminals are always on the move and don’t miss any opportunity to hack or crack devices. They make strategies every day to steal sensitive company data. Today, they can even steal your content through a simple flash drive.
If these unencrypted flash drives, laptops, or hard drives reach the hacker’s hand, you might lose all your sensitive data, or it may go viral by the night. Apart from the company loss, you might also lose your job due to a silly mistake.
Thus, make sure to encrypt your files, create regular backups, and store data in a safe place. But, it can be a lengthy process. This is exactly where EncryptStick fits the best.
EncryptStick is a software program that will enhance the digital life of your business by securing your cloud storage, creating regular back-of files with SecureAccess Unlimited Pro, and providing ultimate encryption.
Features of EncryptStick
Most businesses have started using EncryptStick as it is one of the safest places to store sensitive data. Here are a few advanced features of EncryptStick that make it stand out from other products available in the market. Have a look!
- Securely Backups EncryptStick uses military-grade encryption that enables users to securely create a backup for sensitive files and folders in a safe place (vault) and other devices.
- Securely Synchronizes Files It also allows users to securely synchronize all their files on a flash drive, local or remote devices
- Only the owner has access to the password To keep the data secure and protected at all times, the software allows only the owner to have access to the password.
- Allows Integrating Backup into Daily Routine The software supports creating a regular backup for your crucial files and data. It keeps you prepared for future unforeseen events via powerful and secure backups.
- EncryptStick is easy-to-use EncryptStick is one of the easy-to-use software products that can encrypt-decrypt files on a portable drive or computer. All you have to do is download and install the product for further use. Also, it supports a strong encryption algorithm for every licensed user for better protection and service.
- Protects All Sensitive Data and Assets EncryptStick uses a Password Manager to store logins and passwords for different applications. Further, it uses the AES encryption procedure to protect all the sensitive data and assets of the company. Even if a user loses the EncryptStick USB drive, he can buy a new license and reconstitute the surviving vaults by using the backup files. The software offers full protection to your company’s sensitive data at all times.
- Allows Creating Vaults on PCsUsers can create single to unlimited vaults on their PCs and flash drives using its free and paid versions. The vaults are hidden and appear only if the authorized user makes a request. One can store any kind of file type in the vaults and protect it with a strong password.
- Encrypted USB Flash Drive EncryptStick also plays a key role in securing and encrypting USB Flash Drive systems. You can easily protect and safeguard your files from data loss. It uses strong AES encryption procedures to protect your sensitive data at all times.
- Manages and Secures All Passwords There are many instances when people forget their passwords. But with EncryptStick you don’t have to worry about losing it as the software manages your password. You must log in to Password Manager, and all your accounts will be encrypted and stored in the flash drive. The details are saved with you and require no guessing work in the future.
- EncryptStick’s customer service is not up to the mark.
- Customers have reported unresolved issues that are also affecting its goodwill.
ENC Security is one of the leading software solution companies that launched ENC DataVault, formally known as EncryptStick. EncryptStick is a secure data encryption software program used by large companies to protect sensitive files and folders. It is an easy-to-use file encryption software available at $14.99 with a lifetime license.
Another feature of the powerful tool is EncryptStick is compatible with all Windows and Mac platforms.
ENC supports both the Free and Premium versions of the software. You can try the 14-day free trial version of the tool. Once satisfied with the features, results, and performance, feel free to unlock the full version by purchasing the license.
Under the free version, the software allows the creation of a single Vault on the flash drive. Whereas, the paid version with the lifetime license has no limit to the creation of additional vaults. If you are not sure about your decision, feel free to try the free trial version of the software.
In case, after purchasing the license, the customer feels unsatisfied and wants to quit the plan, he can file for a refund before activating the software (14 days from the date of purchase).
You can also choose from a wide range of alternate options available for EncryptStick.
Website Link: https://www.esecurityproducts.com/Encrypt_Stick_4_0_p/encstk4.0.htm
The Best EncryptStick Alternatives
Backing up necessary files and storing data in a secure place has become essential for all companies. No doubt, cloud storage is popular and can store files safely with a stronger sense of control than an invisible cloud server. Still, there are cases where a company loses its crucial data but not due to a security nightmare.
Other than ransomware attacks, companies can also lose data due to USB sticks. Hence, it is vital to install USB stick encryption systems. Here, we have listed some alternate options to EncryptStick that are free and carry excellent properties. Have a look at some EncryptStick Alternatives:
1. ManageEngine Device Control Plus – FREE TRIAL
ManageEngine Device Control Plus is a user-friendly platform that gives administrators complete control over data ports, file access, and access history. It allows sysadmins to set up access policies at the global, group, or individual level to secure data while still allowing access when needed. The platform uses a zero-trust approach to file access, only allowing authorized access and monitoring all attempts and changes for auditing and distinguishing between an insider attack and an honest mistake.
- Granular device control on an enterprise level
- Support for device orchestration and automated provisioning
- Excellent integration with other ManageEngine solutions
In addition to providing complete control over data ports and file access, Device Control Plus also gives administrators visibility into access history. This can be incredibly useful for identifying any potential security breaches or compliance issues.
It also allows administrators to identify and address any unauthorized access attempts quickly. Device Control Plus is a comprehensive data protection platform that simplifies the process of securing data while still allowing access when necessary, making it an excellent choice for organizations looking to improve their security posture.
- Designed to work right away, features over 200 customizable widgets to build unique dashboards and reports
- Leverages autodiscovery to find, inventory, and map new devices
- Uses intelligent alerting to reduce false positives and eliminate alert fatigue across larger networks
- Supports email, SMS, and webhook for numerous alerting channels
- Integrates well in the ManageEngine ecosystem with their other products
- Device Control Plus a feature-rich tool that will require a time investment to learn properly
Download: Click here for a fully functional 30-day free trial.
VeraCrypt is a free, open-source disk encryption software that enables businesses to encrypt storage devices and protect files from data leakage. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux operating systems and uses AES encryption with a 256-bit key. Another benefit of VeraCrypt is you do not require installing it on your PCs, instead, one can download the software program directly on the USB stick.
For file protection, there is no additional need for partitioning the stick. You can secure data in three modes – partition and encrypt, store in an encrypted container (password-protected zip file) or create a hidden, password-protected folder.
3. Endpoint Protector
Endpoint Protector is a cross-platform that provides security and compliance for employees. It has an intuitive, user-friendly interface and supports fast deployments.
If your company runs hybrid OS networks, Endpoint Protector is the best solution. Another notable feature of Endpoint Protector is it scans data in motion or at rest, supports USB and Peripheral port control, and is compatible with platforms like Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Also, with the endpoint protector, businesses can easily encrypt, manage and secure USB storage devices. Further, the software supports granular policies that help admins to apply policies globally and based on devices, users, and groups.
BitLocker is another great alternate solution for EncryptStick that is available for free and supports strong encryption procedures. It is a Windows utility bundled with different versions and can be easily downloaded by users. Most versions of Windows, such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 Ultimate, or Enterprise edition, have this in-built software program in their systems.
You can delegate recovery keys within the console for maximum convenience. Also, perform a variety of management tasks.
Encrypt every bit of your data on a Windows PC using BitLocker so that unauthorized users cannot read it. Get optimal security across the entire data lifecycle and ensure compliance.
5. USB Flash Security
USB Flash Security is a software program available for free only for personal use. If you want to use the software for commercial or business purposes, then you will have to pay for it. Even if you have access to the free version, the software provides a protection limit for up to 4GB of data only on a memory stick.
In USB Flash Security, users can encrypt all data with AES using a 256-bit key except the one area that stores the unlocking program.
Also, if you forget the password, there is no need for a recovery key backdoor. Instead, you can add a password hint to the software that will display on the screen when you place the pointer over the password field for unlocking the program.
USBCrypt is a leading software program certified for Windows that involves the use of AES encryption to encrypt external USB drives. Also, the software is highly compatible with Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Today, most companies save copies of personal files and documents on an external USB drive, but what if it reaches the wrong hands? Losing sensitive data can cause a huge loss to the company. As a result, customers might start losing trust, which can affect your goodwill.
We recommend USBCrypt, an encryption software program that helps companies password-protect removable USB drives and other external drives (FireWire drives, Zip drives, rewritable drives).
Over the past, many people have recorded cases of data stealing and exposure. It doesn’t matter if your data is at rest (PCs or backup drives) or in transit, cybercriminals can always make a way out to expose or steal your information. To safeguard your company data at all times, ENC Security introduced EncryptStick.
EncryptStick is a software program available on Windows and Mac platforms to protect sensitive files and folders. It uses military-grade encryption features to safeguard the loss of data, store, protect, synchronize, and create secure backups.
By targeting unencrypted flash drives, laptops, or hard drives, the attackers can easily gain access to company data. As a result, your business might have to suffer from heavy losses.
Thus, before the situation goes out of your hand, we recommend investing time and money into EncryptStick.
The software program is available in both free and paid versions.
EncryptStick is a powerful software program that is easy to use and protects all sensitive data and assets. Further, it allows users to create unlimited vaults under the premium version. It also plays a key role in securing and encrypting USB Flash Drive systems, managing and securing passwords, and more.
If you are looking for a trusted platform that offers a full guarantee of protecting your crucial company data, look no further. However, there are also other alternative solutions to EncryptStick.
We have listed some of the popular alternate options one can switch to if needed. ManageEngine Device Control Plus, VeraCrypt, Endpoint Protector, BitLocker, USB Flash Security, and USBCrypt are a few alternate solutions that can also be used in place of EncryptStick.
Compare the other software programs with EncryptStick – their features, benefits, drawbacks, and pricing to conclude and make a final call.