The biggest risk businesses face today is cyber incidents. Cyber incidents can not only disrupt your business operations but can also harm your goodwill and create financial damage.
If your business adapts a data-centric security approach, i.e., the use of technologies like encryption and tokenization, we are sure you can minimize the risk of attacks. Further, your business can protect its sensitive information from reaching attackers.
Also, there are many tools and practices available online that organizations can implement to mitigate the risks and drive more success. Here, we will discuss Comforte, a data security platform that has helped various businesses protect sensitive data and prevent breaches.
Further, we will discuss its features, pros, cons, how it works, etc. Also, we have listed a few alternatives to Comforte that can be helpful for your business.
Comforte Product Overview
In 1998, Comforte AG was introduced as a data transfer protection system, which later expanded its service and turned into a cloud-based SaaS platform. The purpose of the SaaS platform was to provide data protection to businesses of all sizes.
Today, Comforte is recognized as one of the best Cloud-based Data Security Platforms that helps businesses identify and protect crucial data at all times.
No matter whether you hold your data in the different stores on cloud platforms or other locations, the platform aims to provide 24*7 protection of your business information.
To use the platforms, a business must have personally identifiable information (PII) of each private individual. The system is ideal for financial sectors and other fields that store highly sensitive data, such as payment card data in finance.
How Does Comforte Work
The Comforte Data Security Platform controls the use of crucial data as per the user type. Only the exclusive and authorized users are permitted to access information that further protects your system from any inappropriate use.
It also supports various tools that allow document release without revealing PPI information to third parties.
Here are the five stages for data protection practiced under Comforte:
- Discover and Classify Scans and identifies data for further classification and analysis. This process helps businesses in improving security, privacy, and data governance.
- Inventory The scanning and discovery process continues in this step to keep the inventory up-to-date. Using the collected information, businesses determine access and data exchange requirements.
- Policy The discovery result helps decide which policies must be implemented and who must get the access.
- Protect Encryption, data tokenization, data masking, hashing, and other techniques are supported to implement the data protection policies.
- Deploy In this step, you can deploy or implement the policies on your premises or cloud infrastructure.
The main job of the platform is to enable businesses to identify sensitive data and control access.
Overview of Comforte Modules
There are different modules in the SaaS package which help provide full protection to sensitive data. Here are the details.
- Data Discovery and Classification Under this module, the system runs a search through all networks, devices, and cloud storage services (comprising structured and unstructured data storage systems) for a data store. On discovering a data location, registration is made in the Comforte data management service for supervision. The procedure does not end here, instead, it continues the search and enables businesses to discover a new location. You can also serve Data Subject Access Requests being a holder of PPI.
- Data Protection Unlike other Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Comforte focuses on each location for protecting data. It follows the approach to trust no one and applies protection to sources rather than examining the passage. It uses Tokenization, Encryption, and Masking techniques to protect sensitive data. Tokenization is ideal for databases whereas the encryption method is best used in file-based systems. If your applications require accurate data for testing, you must invest in the masking technique.
- Security Control Data protection is practiced when you want to protect all the sensitive data whereas, the security controls help determine which technique must be applied when and where most important on which data types. These are also referred to as security policies that are decided based on data privacy standards.
Features of Comforte
- Offers data-centric security
- Supports Tokenization, Encryption, and Masking techniques
- Maintains privacy by protecting data at all times
- Supports individual integrated services
- Compliance with data security regulations
- Offers better visibility into threats and risks
- Faster breach response
- Siloed data protection
- Scalable and fault-tolerant data protection system
- Configuration of protection layers
- Supports algorithm methods
- On-Demand Random Assignment-based Tokenization (ODRA)
- Flexible integration framework
- Offers multi-level data protection
- Allows integration with cybersecurity infrastructures
- Cross-Regulatory Compliance
- Supports a robust ticketing system
- Telephone and email 24×7 support
- Comforte helps businesses protect and manage data
- Ensures secure card and financial transactions
- Enables businesses to control and secure data 24×7
- Uses Tokenization, Encryption, and Masking techniques to add data protection
- Helps in data discovery
- Ideal for cloud-native and modern DevOps environments
- It helps avoid lengthy service interruptions
- Enables end-to-end data security strategy for business growth
- Comforte helps minimize business liability
- Reduces implementation costs
- Automates and runs data discovery cycle constantly
- Identifies relevant data and classified AI-driven sensitive data
- Supports adaptable security policies
- Data exfiltration device control is not supported by Comforte
- Supports no email scanning
- Content inspection options are not supported for outbound documents
The platform does not reveal the pricing list, instead, it provides access to a demo at first to help businesses discover the cost of the products provided by Comforte, a SaaS platform.
Best Comforte Alternatives
To protect the company’s data at all times, Comforte follows a unique approach. It believes that preventing exfiltration will not be enough to address the problem of accidental disclosure or inappropriate data usage.
When it comes to Database and Big Data Security, it is hard to find a solution that fits all products. But, Comforte’s data-centric top-notch security with exceptional capabilities changes the scenario.
Using various techniques like tokenization, Format Preserving Encryption, and data masking, businesses can protect data and maintain privacy at all times. If you are planning to switch to other alternative solutions, let us tell you a few points one must review before finalizing an alternative, such as:
- Automated data discovery service that supports categorizing acute data instances
- Access logging and audit trails
- Support for a free trial or a demo system
- Behavior anomaly detection
- Ability to apply different data protection standards at the same time, and more.
Here are a few alternatives to Comforte that fulfill the above conditions:
ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus is a platform designed to safeguard sensitive information on devices, users, and files within a network, and can be applied to both LANs and cloud environments. It utilizes data containerization and intelligent alerting to accurately classify data and minimize false positives, maintaining productivity while maintaining data security.
- End-to-end encryption support
- Detailed backup and recovery options
- Full control over data handling
The platform also has the capability to automatically detect potentially suspicious user behavior, such as compromised accounts or insider attacks. It is easy to set up and use, even for beginners, with the help of various templates and wizards that enable users to classify sensitive data and implement policies quickly.
- Can encrypt virtually all hard drives and removable media
- Centralized management for a simple view of your device security
- Offers advanced reporting capabilities as well as automated audits
- Is FIPS 140-2 Certified
- Better suited for larger networks
Download: Click here to download your ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus 30-day free trial.
2. IBM Security
IBM Security is one of the best Data security and protection solution providers. The platform enables businesses to protect their sensitive information by monitoring and auditing all data activities across multiple environments. Further, it helps reduce operational complexity and enables enterprises to meet privacy regulations. With the help of the IBM data security platform, you get greater visibility and generate insightful reports that further help in investigating and remediating cyberthreats. Users can also easily discover and manage data security vulnerabilities in real-time. It also supports Encryption and tokenization techniques. If you are looking for a data security platform similar to Comforte features, go for IBM data security as it offers full visibility and covers the above-listed parameters.
SecuPi is another great replacement for Comforte. The tool keeps all your analytics platforms, cloud environments, and applications protected at all times without any development efforts. The tools hardly take more than a day to make production and non-production applications GDPR-ready. It is a centralized solution that protects your systems from insider threats and other cyber attacks. Its features include support for user behavior analytics (UBA), discovery integrations, dynamic data masking, consent controls, monitoring, audits, and more. Address all your compliance requirements and get access to granular user activity visibility along with other controls in a single platform like the SecuPi platform.
4. Digital Guardian DLP
Digital Guardian DLP is a SaaS platform compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. Digital Guardian DLP fits best when it comes to looking for an alternative to Comforte. It supports data discovery and classification modules to protect data discovery and classification. Users can also perform Active Directory audits and work on improving user groups with the help of this excellent tool. It supports no-compromise protection and offers full visibility into your sensitive data. Another plus point of this tool is it manages detection and response. Further, it provides full coverage to all endpoints, networks, and data in the cloud. Digital Guardian DLP also enables businesses to monitor all activities on printers, emails, USB devices, and other channels.
5. Spirion Sensitive Data Manager
Spirion Sensitive Data Manager is another SaaS platform that protects your healthcare and financial information. Its main goal is to identify and protect PII and different variations applied to sensitive data. When it comes to data discovery and persistent classification, Spirion leads the role and protects data available on-premise or in the cloud. Since its launch in 2006, it has helped many companies and proactively minimized their risks and costs. It supports data exfiltration channel controls, eliminates false negatives and positives, reduces time to locate ever-expanding big data footprints, etc. Also, one can easily run the tool on different platforms, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
6. Teramind DLP
Teramind DLP is a cloud-based system that provides insider threat protection and secures data at all times. The popular user activity monitoring platform helps detect and prevent the company from fraudulent practices and data misconduct before they occur. It enables the business to investigate the behavior and safeguard data against various malicious and insider threats. It also supports remote employee monitoring, OCR, live and recorded screen caption features, automated alert systems, email monitoring, keystroke logger, file transfer tracking, and more. Its main focus is on employee tracking and supports various modules like productivity logging. Users can try the 14-day free trial before moving to the premium plans if needed.
No doubt cyberattacks can harm your goodwill and disrupt your business operations leading to heavy losses. To save your business from future damage, it is best to implement data security tools that will help detect security vulnerabilities before they launch.
With the help of technologies like encryption and tokenization, you can minimize the risk of attacks. There are various tools and platforms that support these technologies like Comforte.
Comforte is trusted by thousands of customers globally, including some of the large banks, retailers, and credit card processors. The popular platform helps businesses in managing and protecting third-party data from malicious and insider threats. It includes various products, such as SafePoint, SecurLib/SSL, SecurSSO, JPath, CSL, etc.
It also guards cloud resources apart from your business information.
Comforte is a cloud-based Data Security Platform that manages your data in different stores on cloud platforms and other places. Businesses of all sizes can invest in Comforte for data protection services. Under Comforte, only the permitted and authorized users get access to use the information. Thus, this practice helps protect your system from any inappropriate use.
Further, there are five stages for data protection, i.e., Discover and Classify, Inventory, Policy, Protect, and Deploy. It also supports different modules (Data Discovery and Classification, Data Protection, and Security Control) in the SaaS package, which helps provide full protection to sensitive data.
The platform enables businesses to control and secure data, maintains privacy, aids in data discovery, reduces implementation costs, etc. However, it supports a few drawbacks too.
If you are looking for alternatives to Comforte, we have listed some of the best tools one can invest in to get similar features and services.
ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus, IBM data security, Digital Guardian DLP, Spirion Sensitive Data Manager, Teramind DLP, and SecuPi are a few SaaS platforms that also provide similar features and enable businesses to protect data at all times from threats.
Compare the above-listed tools before making any final decision as data protection is vital for every business.