Google Cloud is a suite of cloud computing services from the renowned company and all of it runs on Google’s own scalable, reliable, and robust infrastructure. It is estimated that more than eight million websites and applications are powered by Google Cloud and it has seen rapid growth in the last few years.
Like other cloud platforms, Google Cloud needs to be monitored too, as it hosts many critical applications for your company. So, if you’re planning to move to Google Cloud anytime soon or if you already have a presence on Google Cloud, there is a number of monitoring tools that can come in handy for you.
Here is our list of the Best Google Cloud Monitoring Tools:
- AppOptics Infrastructure Monitoring – FREE TRIAL Α powerful SaaS tool for monitoring your application hosted on Google Cloud. It comes with a host of integrations and powerful features to give complete visibility into the health and performance of your cloud infrastructure. Get a 30-day-free trial.
- Datadog A Google Cloud Platform integration that provides full observability into dynamic environments to manage their complexity and efficiently diagnose issues before impacting the business. Its integrations ensure that you have a complete view of every GCP service.
- Site24x7 Monitors your Google Cloud Platform in real-time and provides actionable insights for quick detection and fixing of problems in your cloud infrastructure. Its AI-powered engine helps you to resolve issues before end-users are impacted.
- NewRelic A comprehensive tool for providing visibility across the infrastructure, applications, and the overall digital experience of end-customers on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Zabbix A monitoring tool that helps you to stay on top of the infrastructure, services, networks, services, applications, resources, and more. This open-source monitoring tool works well for the Google Cloud Platform as well.
- AppDynamics A part of Cisco, monitors business and application performance to give you unified insights for better decision making. With a host of features such as real-time monitoring, advanced reporting, and more, this is a handy tool to stay on top of the applications and infrastructure on Google Cloud.
- DynaTrace Google Cloud monitoring capabilities advanced and comprehensive, taps into the power of AI to give all the information you need.
- SumoLogic A tool that collates data across different environments and sources to give you a comprehensive idea of the health and availability of your infrastructure at any time.
- PagerDuty Integrates with the Google Stackdriver to collate information about your Google Cloud’s performance and take the necessary actions for optimization.
- Zenoss Integrates with the Google Cloud Platform to monitor all-cloud or hybrid cloud environments and to provide detailed insights for an actionable and efficient decision-making process.
- BMC TrueSight Pulse A SaaS-based infrastructure monitoring service that provides granular insight into your metrics for quick detection and resolution of issues.
- Sematext Cloud A cloud-based SaaS tool for monitoring your cloud environments. It collects logs and metrics to give you a first-hand view of your infrastructure’s health and performance.
Let’s now do a deep dive into the features and pricing of each of these tools. We will also share a download link where you can download or sign up for a free trial as applicable.
The Best Google Cloud Monitoring Tools
AppOptics Infrastructure is a powerful SaaS tool for monitoring your applications hosted on Google Cloud. It comes with a host of integrations and powerful features to give complete visibility into the health and performance of your cloud infrastructure.
The salient features of the AppOptics Infrastructure Google Cloud monitoring tool are:
- Traces and visualizes application bottlenecks
- Monitor’s website availability and responsiveness
- Aggregates and summarizes log data
- Creates visually appealing graphs and reports
- Sends real-time alerts
- Provides insights into custom application and infrastructure metrics
- Handles log management efficiently and allows full-text search
- Analyzes data streams
Pricing: Get an online quote or contact the sales team for a custom one.
Download: Click here for a fully functional 30-day-free trial.
Datadog’s Google Cloud Platform integration provides full observability into dynamic environments to manage their complexity and efficiently diagnose issues before impacting the business. Its integrations ensure that you have a complete view of every GCP service.
Here’s a look at the salient features of Datadog’s GCP monitoring tool.
- Helps with capacity planning to reduce infrastructure costs and improve the efficiency of the GCP resources
- Collects and unifies data across all GCP dreams to give you complete visibility
- Comes with out-of-the-box integration dashboards
- Monitors the performance of updated and legacy systems
- Comes with more than 500+ integrations
- Host maps enable you to monitor real-time data such as network throughput and CPU utilization
- Helps you to visualize performance, before, during, and after migration
- Has advanced features such as forecasting and anomaly detection
- Combines data from GCP with your on-premises and hybrid environments to give complete visibility into your overall infrastructure
- Automatically scales resources as needed
- Streamlines onboarding and deployment
Pricing: Datadog comes in three plans:
- Pro – $15 per host per month
- Enterprise – $23 per host per month
Download: Click here to start your 14-day free trial.
Site24x7 monitors your Google Cloud Platform in real-time and provides actionable insights for quick detection and fixing of problems in your cloud infrastructure. Its AI-powered engine helps you to resolve issues before end-users are impacted.
The salient features of Site 24×7’s GCP are:
- Auto discovers applications on your cloud infrastructure
- Identifies and detects the root cause quickly, thanks to its AI-powered performance monitoring
- Responds instantly to performance-based issues
- Sets up fail-safes without requiring any manual intervention
- Provides cloud capacity planning
- Offers custom dashboards for greater efficiency
- Gives insights into the availability of the entire GCP stack
- Integrates well with more than 100+ tools
- Addresses the end-to-end needs of your application, from code deployment to customer experience
- Works well on serverless FaaS platforms
Pricing: The Starter plan costs $9 per month and supports up to 1 website or server. You can choose to include add-ons to this plan and the cost will change accordingly.
Download: Click here for a 30-day free trial.
NewRelic is a comprehensive tool for providing visibility across the infrastructure, applications, and the overall digital experience of end-customers on the Google Cloud Platform.
The notable features of NewRelic’s GCP are as follows.
- Provides the metrics and data in the right context, so you can make sense of the information that’s presented
- Makes it easy to migrate applications from on-premises environments to the cloud
- Delivers out-of-the-box visualization and reports for the metrics
- Performs root cause analysis and enables efficient troubleshooting
- Helps to accelerate the overall cloud journey and customer experience
- Optimizes the use of resources and their resultant impact on the end-customer experience
- Enables a mature DevOps strategy and process
- Detects anomalies quickly and improves the overall rate of remediation
- Leverages the power of AI for smart sensing and the necessary escalations
Pricing: NewRelic offers four plans:
- Free plan for a single user
- Standard plan for a team of up to five users
- Pro plan for a team of 5+ users
- Enterprise plan for enterprise-level security and compliance
Zabbix is a monitoring tool that helps you to stay on top of the infrastructure, services, networks, services, applications, resources, and more. This open-source monitoring tool also works for the Google Cloud Platform as well.
Here’s what Zabbix’s GCP integration does for you:
- Collects metrics from different apps and puts them together for a comprehensive view
- Makes it easy to detect problems
- Comes with highly flexible definition options
- Provides multiple severity levels to help you prioritize
- Presents a detailed root cause analysis
- Quickly detects anomalies
- Predicts trend for capacity planning
- The native web interface gives a single view of the entire environment
- Sends notifications to the concerned people
- Protects data at all levels
- Comes with out-of-the-box templates
- Has the capacity to monitor thousands of applications
Pricing: Zabbix has a free version with limited features while the Professional version costs $1600/year.
Download: Click here to download the free version.
AppDynamics, a part of Cisco, monitors business and application performance to give you unified insights for better decision making. With a host of features such as real-time monitoring, advanced reporting, and more, this is a handy tool to stay on top of the applications and infrastructure on Google Cloud.
Here’s a look at some of the features of this tool.
- Monitors end-to-end and proactively to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Removes complexity from the monitoring process
- Creates superior customer experience
- Gives complete visibility into the health and performance of your infrastructure
- Has a flexible deployment model
- Comes with a single interface for controlling your metrics
- Automatically detects deviations from the established baseline values
Pricing: AppDynamics offers four editions:
- Infrastructure Monitoring – $6/month/CPU core
- Premium – $60/month/CPU core
- Enterprise – $90/month/CPU core
- Real-user monitoring – $0.6/month/1000 tokens
Download: Click here to start a 15-day free trial.
Dynatrace’s Google Cloud monitoring capabilities are advanced and comprehensive and tap into the power of AI to give all the information you need.
Some of the salient features of Dynatrace are:
- Collects the necessary metrics to give you detailed insights and visibility into the performance of the Google Cloud Platform
- Deploys its agents automatically to all layers and technologies
- Monitors, analyzes, and optimizes digital interactions
- Auto discovers systems and devices in real-time
- Continuously deploys to all the components without the need for human interference
- No manual configurations needed
- Its advanced AI identifies the root cause of problems within a few milliseconds
- Consolidates all performance issues into quantifiable notifications
- Provides a single view across the entire system
- Accelerates Google Cloud migrations
- Gives real-time visibility into dynamic environments
- Automatically maps dependencies in the environment
- Empowers DevOps collaboration
- Breaks down silos to make them conducive for collaboration
Pricing: You have six pricing options to choose from:
- Full-stack monitoring ($69/month for an 8GB host) – Provides full-stack observability for apps, microservices, and infrastructure
- Infrastructure monitoring ($21/month for an 8GB host) – Provides observability for cloud platforms, containers, and data center technologies
- Digital experience monitoring ($11/month for 10K digital monitoring units) – Optimizes user experiences across mobile, web, hybrid, and IoT applications
- Application security ($10/month for an 8GB host) – Handles runtime application vulnerability detection and is optimized for the cloud and Kubernetes
- Open Ingestion ($25/month for 100K Davis Data Units) – Extends observability with log monitoring, custom metrics and events, and FaaS traces
- Cloud automation (custom pricing) – Offers full life-cycle observability enabling intelligent, risk-free, and faster delivery
Download: Click here for a 15-day free trial.
SumoLogic is a tool that collates data across different environments and sources to give you a comprehensive idea of the health and availability of your infrastructure at any time. It comes with a collection of pre-built dashboards and searches that give you detailed insights into the security and operations of your environment.
A few prominent features of SumoLogic are:
- Provides real-time insights into the operations of your cloud environment
- Generates audit reports for compliance
- Comes with many visually appealing tools and reports for an easy understanding of the state of your cloud infrastructure
- Helps you to understand the network traffic pattern in real-time
- Makes it easy to share critical data with the concerned teams/individuals for quick actions
- Performs a detailed root cause analysis to identify suspicious traffic
- Generates insights from log data
Pricing: SumoLogic offers five plans and they are:
- Free – Up to 500MB/day
- Essentials – $305/3GB
- Enterprise Operations – $675/5GB
- Enterprise Security – $718/5GB
- Enterprise Suite – $2,408/15GB
Download: Click here to start a 30-day free trial.
PagerDuty integrates with the Google Stackdriver to collate information about your Google Cloud’s performance and take the necessary actions for optimization.
Here’s what PagerDuty can do for you.
- Helps to identify and resolve critical issues
- Comprehensively monitors your cloud applications
- Takes a preventive and proactive approach to managing digital operations
- Sends notifications to the concerned teams/individuals
- Its advanced analytics helps to make sense of the data coming from different sources
- Uses machine learning to provide appropriate recommendations
- Comes with more than 500 integrations for a seamless monitoring experience.
Pricing: PagerDuty has four pricing plans:
- Free for up to five users
- Processional – $19/user/month
- Business – $39/user/month
- Digital operations – Contact the sales team.
Download: Click here to get started.
Zenoss integrates with the Google Cloud Platform to monitor all-cloud or hybrid cloud environments and to provide detailed insights for an actionable and efficient decision-making process.
Some of the benefits you get with Zenoss’ integration with the Google Cloud Platform are:
- Provides the context for all data to make it more valuable to the management
- Dynamically maps resources with services
- Gives an accurate and up-to-date line of sight into the health of your cloud infrastructure
- Eliminates blond spots in operations
- Helps to zero in on compromised resources
- Reduces the meantime to resolution
- Uses AI to provide comprehensive insights across the entire organization
- Meets regulatory compliance
- Provides all data in a single pane of glass
11. BMC TrueSight Pulse
BMC’s TrueSight Pulse is a SaaS-based infrastructure monitoring service that provides granular insight into your metrics for quick detection and resolution of issues.
Some of the features of BMC TrueSight Pulse related to Google cloud monitoring are:
- Improves the speed, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of IT operations on the cloud
- Reduces noise to give you the most relevant data
- Boosts resource utilization
- Automatically generates incident tickets and notifies the service desk of the same.
- Drills down the metrics to give you actionable data
- Remediates performance issues in a simple workflow
- Prioritizes the impact of change
- Gives auditors and other stakeholders the data they need, and ensures compliance with all major standards
- Eliminates blind spots, so you’re not caught unaware
- Prevents budget overruns by giving you a comprehensive idea of the spending patterns
- Forecasts IT resources to help with capacity planning
12. Sematext Cloud
Sematext is a cloud-based SaaS tool for monitoring your cloud environments. It collects logs and metrics to give you a first-hand view of your infrastructure’s health and performance.
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Sematext.
- Gives the current and historical use of different components to help understand the trend
- Allows you to filter the results, so you can see what you want
- Helps to understand the big picture
- Provides visual graphs and charts
- Detects dying cloud instances using heartbeat alerts
- Collects the metadata to give detailed insights
- Auto-detects applications
Pricing: Sematext has four pricing options:
- Logs – $50/month
- Monitoring – Starts at $0.007/hour
- Experience – Starts at $9/month
- Synthetics – Starts at $2/monitor
Download: Click here to start your free trial.
Google Cloud is fast becoming a preferred cloud platform for companies that are looking to leverage the power of the cloud for their business applications. As with any platform, your Google cloud also requires regular monitoring since its performance can be critical for your business.
This is why we have come up with a list of the best tools available today for monitoring Google cloud. We hope you find them interesting and useful.