An endpoint encryption solution is security software that protects data on laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It makes data on an endpoint unreadable to anyone except those with the proper key to decryption. Endpoint encryption software prevents unauthorized access to data if a device is lost or stolen and can also help organizations comply with data privacy laws.
Many different endpoint encryption software solutions are available, so it can be difficult to know which one is right for your organization. To help you make the best decision, we’ve compiled a list of the ten best endpoint encryption software solutions.
Here is our list of the best Endpoint Encryption Software Solutions:
- Falcon by Crowdstrike An endpoint protection software capable of encrypting devices such as laptops, mobiles, or tablets.
- TrendMicro An endpoint protection software that offers full disk encryption, file/folder encryption, removable media, and email encryption.
- Eset Protect The ESET Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) is a security solution with endpoint encryption capabilities to keep users and data safe.
- CheckPoint (Full Disk Encryption) An enterprise-grade endpoint encryption software solution with XTS-AES and AES-CBC encryption.
- Trellix (Former McAfee Endpoint Security) An endpoint software solution with various features and strong encryption to protect your data.
- Digital Guardian An endpoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) platform designed to protect and manage sensitive data.
- WatchGuard Endpoint Security A robust endpoint protection solution that can help admins enforce and deploy encryption policies.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection by Broadcom An advanced endpoint security solution using AI/ML to stop new and unknown threats proactively.
- Microsoft BitLocker A full disk encryption Windows utility designed to encrypt entire volumes and partitions.
- IBM Guardium A data-centric security solution that goes beyond the endpoint encryption software.
What To Look For In An Endpoint Encryption Software Solution?
There are a few important factors to consider when selecting the best endpoint encryption software for your business. Here are some significant features and functions to look for:
- Encryption method One of the most important things to look for in an endpoint encryption software solution is the type of encryption used. Look for solutions that offer data encryption algorithms like AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), BlowFish, or Triple DES.
- Key management It involves protecting, storing, backing up, and organizing encryption keys. Key management is an important feature because it can help recover lost or forgotten keys.
- Operating system support Ensure that the solution you choose supports the type of operating system you use.
- User interface The user interface is another critical component to look for. A UI designed for user experience will determine how easy the solution is to use.
- Pricing For some users, the budget might be limited by the size of the network they want to protect. An enterprise-based endpoint encryption software solution might not be accessible for someone wanting to protect a small network.
- Free trial Another critical component to look for is the free trial. It is important because it will allow you to test the solution before buying it.
The Best Endpoint Encryption Software Solutions
Methodology for Selecting the Best Endpoint Encryption Software Solutions
An endpoint encryption solution prevents unauthorized access and allows users with proper decryption keys to access your system. It might be challenging to choose the best endpoint encryption software solution for your organization given the wide variety of options available. Hence, we have listed a few methodologies that you must consider when it comes to choosing the best tool that protects endpoints against zero-day exploits and other threats.
- Does it offer asset identification?
- Can it prevent zero-day attacks by detecting anomalies in real-time?
- Can it generate automated responses?
- Does it allow behavioral analysis for baselining?
- Check if your selected tool offers granular control for endpoints
- Does it offer vulnerability management?
- Check if your selected tool offers pre-boot authentication or two-factor authentication
- Check if it supports AES, Triple DES, or any other type of encryption.
- Can you create backups and organize encryption keys?
- Does it support the operating system you use?
- Check the user interface and free trials if supported
1. Falcon Endpoint Protection by CrowdStrike
Falcon Endpoint Protection by CrowdStrike is a cutting-edge endpoint encryption software solution with powerful features and functionality. Its intuitive user interface makes it easy to use, even for non-technical users. In addition, its robust security features make it an ideal choice for businesses that must protect their data from theft or loss.
- Granular control for endpoints, including encryption and decryption.
- Comprehensive vulnerability management.
- Falcon’s two-factor authentication decreases the risks of data breaches.
- Offers a free trial.
- The CrowdStrike endpoint protection is a premium product/service. Some businesses might find premium prices outside their budgets.
- Although its UI is quite robust and powerful, it might be too bloated and complicated for the majority of users looking for simple endpoint protection.
Falcon endpoint encryption capabilities improve the security of endpoint devices that are constantly on the move, such as laptops, mobiles, or tablets. It also reduces the risk of data leakage and theft by encrypting all data at rest with powerful AES-256 and data-in-transit (TLS). Plus, its centralized management console makes it easy to deploy and manage encryption keys across your organization.
Price: CrowdStrike’s Falcon Endpoint Protection comes in different plans. Falcon Pro starts at $8.99/endpoint/month, and Falcon Enterprise starts at $15.99/endpoint/month; for the Elite and Complete pricing, contact sales.
Trials: There is no Endpoint Protection free trial. But you can start with CrowdStrike software by trying Falcon Prevent (a powerful AV) in a 15-day free trial.
CrowdStrike Falcon is our top pick for an endpoint protection solution because it provides full protection against threats and blocks any damaging events before it creates any negative impact or harm enterprise. It offers several modules, each of which can be used both locally and on the cloud. The EPP’s on-premises component is implemented using an agent that you must install on your computer for full-time protection. Another key feature that makes it a top choice is it detects and responds to cyber threats in real-time. It makes use of cutting-edge AI and machine learning techniques to offer businesses full-time protection against malware, ransomware, and other advanced persistent threats. The powerful tool also offers advanced threat hunting capabilities that help detect threats in a matter of seconds. One of the key strengths of Falcon by CrowdStrike is it encrypts all data at rest using powerful AES-256 and data-in-transit. This in turn helps in reducing the risk of data leakage and theft. Even non-technical individuals can easily utilize it thanks to its simple user interface. Additionally, it employs process scanning to locate threats immediately rather than just relying on log files for threat detection. Overall, Falcon by CrowdStrike is an endpoint protection platform that is extremely effective and complete, giving businesses the tools, they need to safeguard their endpoints from a variety of online threats.
Official Site: Website Link
OS: Cloud Based
TrendMicro is an industry leader in endpoint protection software, with +25 years of experience in the field. Their endpoint encryption solution offers a robust solution, including full disk encryption, file and folder encryption, removable media encryption, email encryption, and more.
- TrendMicro encrypts all data types, including emails, files, and databases.
- It offers granular control over who has access to your encrypted data.
- TrendMicro’s encryption is FIPS 140-2 compliant.
- You need strong technical skills to configure and use TrendMicro properly.
- TrendMicro’s interface can be challenging to navigate for some users.
TrendMicro comes with a central management console that makes it simple to deploy and configure encryption policies. In addition, TrendMicro solutions also use military-grade security (AES256) to protect your data from even the most sophisticated attacks. TrendMicro is an ideal solution for businesses that need to encrypt data at rest or in transit, as well as those that need to comply with industry-specific regulations.
Price: TrendMicro offers a wide range of pricing options to fit any budget, making it an affordable solution for businesses of all sizes. For more information on their pricing, contact TrendMicro’s team.
Trials: Get a TrendMicro Endpoint encryption security free SaaS trial with Apex One.
3. Eset Protect
ESET Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) is a security solution that provides endpoint encryption capabilities to keep your users and their data safe. With ESET EPP, all of your data is encrypted using 256-bit AES, ensuring that it is inaccessible to anyone who does not have the proper decryption key. Not only is the data encrypted, but all your devices and removable media (such as USB drives) are also protected. This entails that even if a device is physically stolen, the data remains inaccessible.
- It includes several security extras, such as anti-malware protection, anti-spam filtering, and firewall protection.
- It also offers a variety of management and administrative features, such as remote management, activity logging, and password recovery.
- Eset is available in both on-premises and cloud-based versions.
- Eset Protect can be expensive for scaling networks of endpoints, such as those on large businesses or enterprises.
- It can be difficult to manage and configure if you are unfamiliar with encryption technology.
ESET EPP provides a centralized key management system that makes it easy to track and manage your encryption keys. The solution also provides extensive auditing and reporting capabilities, so you can always track who has accessed your data and when. These capabilities are useful for both security purposes and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Price: Eset endpoint protection is available in different plans, Entry, Advanced, and Complete. The prices for Eset Protect range from $9.00 to $38.00. Explore more purchase options.
Trials: Register to get a 30-days free trial.
4. CheckPoint (Full Disk Encryption)
Check Point Full Disk Encryption (FDE) is an enterprise-grade endpoint encryption software solution that helps organizations protect their data against external threats and internal breaches. Thanks to its military-grade encryption mechanisms, Check Point FDE makes it impossible for unauthorized individuals to access or tamper with sensitive information.
- It uses enterprise-grade encryption methods: XTS-AES and AES-CBC.
- The software includes pre-boot authentication and two-factor authentication.
- Manage endpoints remotely with Check Point Security Management Server.
- Some advanced features may require additional training for users.
- The solution may not be compatible with all computer hardware.
Additionally, to strengthen endpoint security, Check Point FDE offers pre-boot authentication. With this feature, FDE prevents unauthorized individuals from booting up the computer and accessing data, even if they have physical access to the machine. The software also provides two-factor authentication (2FA). In addition to a password, FDE requires a second authentication factor before granting access. It could be a biometric factor such as a fingerprint or iris scan or a physical token such as a USB key or smartphone.
Trials: Subscribe to Check Point to start a free trial of the Harmony Endpoint solution.
5. Trellix (Former McAfee Endpoint Security)
Trellix (formerly McAfee Endpoint Security) is an endpoint software solution that offers a variety of features, including strong encryption to protect your data. Among these features, the most prominent are full-disk encryption, file and folder encryption, removable media, and email encryption.
- It is suitable for businesses of all sizes and can be deployed on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
- Trellix offers a free trial, so you can try it out before purchasing it.
- Trellix (former McAfee) can be initially challenging to set up.
- Trellix customer and technical support could be improved.
Trellix provides security for devices that are constantly moving, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets. In addition, it offers a variety of management and reporting features to help you keep track of your data security. One highlight of Trellix endpoint encryption is its email encryption, which protects your email communications from being intercepted and read by unauthorized persons.
Price: To get more information on pricing, contact a Trellix sales representative.
Trials: Request the free Demo for the Trellix Endpoint security solution.
6. Digital Guardian
Digital Guardian provides an endpoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) platform that helps organizations manage and protect their sensitive data. This platform includes various features such as data classification, activity monitoring, and encryption. It also offers a range of integrations with third-party security solutions.
- It helps to enforce device encryption policies and monitor devices for compliance.
- Remotely encrypt and decrypt data on devices, making it a convenient solution for organizations.
- It monitors PII and PHI data in real-time and can generate alerts when sensitive data is accessed or copied.
- The endpoint agent is known to be unstable and resource-consuming at times.
- No free trial is available to test the product before buying it.
The platform supports a range of encryption algorithms and standards, including AES 256-bit. The platform includes a central management console that makes deploying and managing the solution easy. This central management is also excellent for creating and managing encryption keys. Digital Guardian stands out from the competition by offering one of the best data protection platforms for activity monitoring and encryption.
Price: The price for Digital Guardian Endpoint DLP -encryption solution is not officially listed. However, you can contact them to get more details.
Trials: There is a free trial, but you can still register to see a free demo.
7. WatchGuard Endpoint Security
WatchGuard Endpoint Security is a comprehensive endpoint security solution that offers protection against a wide range of threats, including viruses, malware, and other malicious software. WatchGuard Endpoint Security is available in both on-premises and cloud-based versions, making it a flexible solution for all types and sizes of businesses.
- It integrates with other WatchGuard security solutions, such as the WatchGuard Firewall, to provide an added layer of protection.
- DLP capabilities to prevent loss and data theft.
- Verify the user’s identity with pre-boot authentication.
- It can be an expensive solution for businesses at scale.
- It may require additional IT expertise to set up and manage.
WatchGuard Endpoint Security offers several features to help businesses secure their endpoints with encryption. With this solution, businesses can enforce and deploy removable storage such as USB and disk encryption policies. From a central management console, users can administer their keys and monitor endpoints’ status in real-time.
Price: WatchGuard does not officially specify the price, but you can contact the sales department.
Trials: Try a 30-day free trial of WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
8. Symantec Endpoint Protection by Broadcom (Symantec)
Symantec Endpoint Protection is an advanced endpoint security software solution that offers comprehensive protection against all types of threats, including viruses, malware, and zero-day attacks. Consistently ranked as a leader by industry analysts, Symantec Endpoint Protection is the most effective way to protect your endpoint systems against known and unknown threats. It uses AI and ML technology to proactively and intelligently protect against new and unknown threats.
- It prevents confidential information from leaking out through removable media and web-based applications.
- It automates and simplifies security deployment, updating, and monitoring tasks across physical, virtual, and mobile systems.
- Access to the intelligence of the Symantec Global Intelligence Network.
- The software can be resource-intensive and may slow down some systems.
- It is a complex solution that may require professional help to set up and configure.
Symantec Endpoint Protection safeguards critical enterprise assets against sophisticated attacks and data loss with the industry’s fastest, most effective response. When it comes to encryption, this endpoint security solution protects the data on computers, tablets, removable media, email systems, and even cloud-based applications with robust encryption.
Price: To get more details on pricing, contact Symantec Broadcom sales representatives.
Trials: No free trials are available.
9. Microsoft BitLocker
Microsoft Bitlocker is a full disk encryption utility included with select editions of Microsoft Windows. It is designed to protect data by providing encryption for entire volumes. BitLocker uses the AES encryption algorithm with configurable key lengths of 128 or 256 bits to encrypt data on a volume.
- Microsoft BitLocker has a relatively easy graphical user interface.
- It also supports TPM-based and PIN-based authentication methods to unlock encrypted data.
- BitLocker is reliable and highly portable.
- It has limited features.
- It only works on Windows systems.
Bitlocker is a simple and effective way to manage and enforce data encryption on Windows endpoint computers. It is easy to set up and use. It provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface) and integrates seamlessly with Powershell to automate encryption.
Price: Bitlocker is included with select editions of Windows, available in Windows 10 (Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions) and Windows 8/8.1 (Pro and Enterprise editions).
Trials: You can find BitLocker in your windows settings. It is free if you run the above-mentioned versions of Windows.
10. IBM Guardium
IBM Guardium Data Protection solution is more than an endpoint encryption software. It is a data-centric security solution that automatically discovers, classifies sensitive data, and provides data activity monitoring and behavioral analytics to identify suspicious activity around specific data. This solution is suitable for enterprise businesses, and it offers comprehensive data protection across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Identify and classify sensitive data to apply the appropriate security controls, which include encryption.
- Mask sensitive data so that it is not exposed to unauthorized users.
- Encrypt data with powerful encryption (AES-256) to protect it from unauthorized access.
- It is a complex solution that can be difficult to deploy and manage.
- Not suitable for Small-to-Medium size businesses.
- No free trial is available.
Although IBM Guardium is the industry’s most comprehensive data security solution for big data platforms, it also offers a variety of capabilities that help organizations protect their data anywhere it goes. It addresses encryption for data-at-rest and data-in-transit with robust encryption mechanisms. It also provides other data protection mechanisms like static and dynamic data masking.
Price: The pricing is not officially listed. But you can contact the IBM Guardium team to get more details.