As a network administrator or engineer, you need to be able to connect to all of the network resources in your environment and troubleshoot, manage and back them up.
WhatsUp Gold TFTP Server makes these tasks really easy for you, and will allow you to make backups of your entire environment very easily.
WhatsUp Gold TFTP Server shares many great features with similar products, and WhatsUp GoldTFTP Server lets you:
- Backup network configurations
- Copy data over the network
- Browse devices
- Upload configurations back to devices on the network
This is a very simple application to use, and makes it very easy for system administrators to manage the existing equipment that they have within their environment.
This means that if a device such as a router or network switch should fail catastrophically, then it is simply a matter of replacing the hardware with an identical example, and then uploading the configuration to the device.
Key Features of Whatsup Gold TFTP Server
- Easy to Use and Install Configurations – WhatsUp Gold TFTP servers offer an easy-to-use, efficient way of connecting to your network resources and performing file transfers, installing configurations and updates, backing up resources, and more.
- Network Discovery – WhatsUp Gold TFTP servers enable users to find out what is linked to the network, including all the devices, installed software, wireless infrastructures, servers, etc. WhatsUp Gold offers robust Layer 2/3 discovery that can be started from an IP Range Scan to produce an accurate top-to-bottom map of your network. Using this feature, you can visualize your network topology, track IT assets, troubleshoot connectivity issues, and concentrate on keeping it operating securely and at its best performance.
- Mapping – The mapping feature helps generate interactive Layer 2 and 3 topology maps. It uses layer 2/3 discovery tools, such as SNMP, CDP, LLDP, ARP, Virtual Infrastructure Management, IP addressing, etc., to find and gather data from any network item. Administrators can then obtain a full view of their entire infrastructure and visualize device dependencies.
- Alert Options – The Whatsup Gold TFTP Server Alert Feature is a new feature that alerts the administrator when the TFTP server has been accessed by unauthorized users. It also notifies when a configuration change has been made to the server. This new feature can be enabled or disabled according to the requirements of the organization. Under this feature, you also gain access to set alert thresholds for the host’s and guest’s resource consumption.
- Virtual Monitoring – Users can view performance on any virtual resource on the map with just one click. The tool also automatically creates dynamic maps of your Hyper-V and VMware infrastructure showing relationships between hosts and guests and the real-time status.
- Free to Use: The TFTP server is 100% free of charge for the basic features like updating firmware and operating system of devices, as well as backup of the network configuration.
- Cloud monitoring dashboard: Offers a cloud monitoring dashboard that helps get a closer look at cloud and billing resource consumption as well as determines management-related costs. This functionality automatically identifies, maps, and monitors the cloud environment, enabling it to send alerts for each performance metric.
- Better Network Management: The system can handle a variety of IT administration duties, including network monitoring, APM, and infrastructure management using just one platform, despite the fact that it only supports Windows.
- Network Monitoring: WhatsUp Gold TFTP Server has a wide range of network monitoring capabilities. It offers strong active and passive alerting tools that help handle notifications and related actions using action policies. They further inform users about incoming performance issues and network availability.
- As the number of network elements rises, the user interface becomes increasingly difficult.
- Configuration may take time in the case of Whatsup Gold TFTP Server.
- With more elements, network mapping becomes more difficult to utilize, and stacked device elements confuse the maps.
For those wishing to try it out, a download link can be found here:
Processor: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Class.
Memory: 4 GB RAM.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows