Accessing computers remotely has become an inevitable part of today’s work culture and one of the essentials for it, is a remote desktop connection manager that will streamline your connections and will keep it secure.
This manager becomes all the more an important tool if you’re a system admin who has to make many RDP connections daily.
Imagine if you have to enter your credentials for remote access several times a day.
How frustrating would that get!
Instead of managing these connections manually, a RDP Connection Banager is sure to make your life easy and that’s why we present some of the best remote desktop connection managers for managing multiple RDP sessions.
Here’s the Best Remote Desktop Connection Managers:
- DameWare Mini Remote Control – FREE TRIAL A system designed for use by Help Desk and software support teams. Installs on Windows and Windows Server.
- ManageEngine Desktop Central – FREE TRIAL A unified endpoint management system that monitors servers, desktops, and mobile devices. Available for Windows Server and Linux.
- mRemoteNG A simple, free connection management tool that includes remote device credentials management. Runs on Windows.
- RoyalTS A connection management system that controls the remote connection systems of other providers. Installs on Windows and Windows Server.
- Devolutions A remote desktop system available in a free version for individuals and a paid version for teams. Installs on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
The Best Remote Desktop Connection Managers
Let’s take a detailed look into each of these tools, so you can make an informed choice.
DameWare Mini Remote Control is a remote control software designed for customer support and help desk professionals.
It comes from the stables of a leading network management company called SolarWinds.
Source: DameWare Mini Remote Control
The important features of this tool are:
- Supports multi-platform desktop sharing
- Provides remote access to sleeping and powered-off computers as well
- Comes with multi-factor authentication
- Offers a flexible user-based access control
- Has a ton of remote session utilities
- Allows for easy customization
- Enables the control of multiple platforms through a single window
It is priced at $270 per user.
You can access a fully-functional 14-day free trial.
ManageEngine Desktop Central is a unified endpoint management system that is able to remotely manage servers, desktops, and mobile devices. This system uses remote access to onboard and update devices and also supports users through remote control and remote desktop utilities.
The important features of this package are:
- Remote access behind the scenes for admin and investigation.
- Visible remote control with user participation for solution demonstration.
- Automated, unattended remote access for system maintenance.
- Management of mobile devices as well as office equipment.
- Automated patch management.
- Configuration management and security.
- IT asset management inventories for hardware and software.
- Self-service portal to support users.
- Software rollout and license management.
- Endpoint security bundle.
- Secure identity and access management services, including 2FA.
- AD analysis and user access reporting.
Desktop Central is offered in four editions: Free, Professional, Enterprise, and UEM. Contact ManageEngine to get a quote.
Desktop Central installs on Window Server and it is also available as a cloud-based server. Access a 30-day free trial of either version
mRemoteNG is a centralized tool that helps to manage multiple RDP connections from a single window.
It is an open-source tool that can be customized to meet your preferences.
Here is a look at some of the important features of this tool.
- Supports different connection types such as VNC, SSH, telnet, RDP, RAW, RLogin and more to give you flexibility with your connections.
- Its tabbed feature makes it easy to switch back and forth between different connections.
- Maintains a database of connections, so you don’t have to enter your credentials each time
- Stores credentials for auto logons
- Imports information from Active Directory
- Supports grouping and nesting to make navigation a breeze for you
- Comes with a full-screen mode.
Click here to download mRemoteNG
RoyalTS is a powerful connection manager that works well with different types of connections and comes with many advanced features that are sure to make connection management an easy task for you.
It comes with the following features:
- Supports many types of connections such as RDP, terminal, VNC, TeamViewer, Hyper-V, PowerShell, and more.
- Makes it possible to assign and reuse objects to connections and folders. In fact, connections can be inherited from the parent folder as well
- Protects sensitive data through encryption
- Makes it easy to share connections without compromising on your credentials
- Streamlines the overall workflow
- Tunneling is tightly integrated for greater security
- Supports dynamic folders and credentials.
The Lite Version is free and supports up to 10 credentials/connections while the single user connection supports unlimited connections and is priced at a one-time payment of Euro 39.
Click here to download the free version.
Devolutions is a centralized connection manager that supports many protocols.
It comes loaded with a host of features and tools that centralizes and manages secure remote connections.
A list of the important features of this tool are as follows.
- Handles remote connection management and password management
- Supports cross-platform connections
- Comes with shared databases and vaults
- Gives a role-based access control
- Provides reports and audits when needed
- Enhances security with two-factor authentication
- Has a mobile application for easy access
The free edition doesn’t come with a whole lot of features and is designed for individuals who don’t have to share their credentials with other users.
The enterprise edition is ideal for system admins, MSPs, and help desk professionals who have to share credentials with other users.
It is priced at $199.99 for a single user and $4,999.99 for a site with no limit on the users.
Click here to download the free version.
To conclude, a remote desktop connection manager makes your life easy especially if you have to handle multiple connections daily.
It stores your credentials, allows you to choose a credential from a list, secures your connection, gets inputs from Active Directory, and does so much more.
The above-mentioned tools are the best RDP connection managers available in the market today and we hope this information helps you to choose the right one that best fits your needs.